“Nice relaxing break”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Davnic22
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Nice relaxing break”
Reviewed January 24, 2015 for a stay in January 2015

The owners have put a lot of thought into this lovely little place
..All item I needed was there to use... Internet was a problem run out with 24 hours but they did top it up... For another 24 hours... so not good for high users of the net ..

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Tez10
Burton upon Trent, United Kingdom
“Little Gem Weymouth.”
Reviewed January 7, 2014 for a stay in November 2013

My wife & i stopped at the Little Gem in November 2013, the apartment was first class in every way. It is situated in gated courtyard, very quiet & safe. The facilities are second to none & spotlessly clean. 2 minutes walk & you are on the beach & the town centre. We loved Weymouth & the surrounding area, Little Gem was the icing on the cake.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Every thing.
Liked least: Wi-fi was available but you had to pay for it, this was a minor inconvenience as there is plenty of free wi-fi around.
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Nick G
East Midlands, United Kingdom
“A most pleasant location”
Reviewed July 10, 2013 for a stay in June 2013

My wife and I really enjoyed our week at Little Gem. The entire place was spotless and had everything you would expect in a lived in apartment. The iron came in handy and so did the washing machine. No tumble dryer though but do not leave your washing in the yard, it will get bird poo on the clothes!

Entry to Little Gem is secure and a code is given for access. (use the silver big gate to the left, there are two exact gates!) A key is left in a safe to gain access to apartment.
The location of this particular property was fantastic, we took our Field Spaniel who is suffering a little with her hips and did not want to walk too far. Little Gem is situated just behind the seafront about a two minute walk and about a five minute walk to the old harbor. The marina is just across the car park right in front of Little Gem. In all honesty, I cannot fault Little Gem and My only concern was the parking. I did however get lucky and found a parking spot which the permit covered in zone "H".
I can imagine it to be a nightmare in peak season though so my advice is to just buy a 1 or 2 week parking ticket for the Swanery car park (Not the car park adjacent to Little Gem) If I ever go back to Little Gem, I will just buy the week long ticket for £28 from the council (Book in advance and have it sent to your home address to take with you) The only reason I wouldn't go back is because they no longer except pets! One of the permanent residence in the condo complained about holiday makers with their pets! I must say that my first impression of Little Gem was... "Why do they let pets stay in such a lovely apartment"
If by any chance I don't have a pet one day and it is just the wife and I, We will most definitely come back to the place. I did re-book as soon as I arrived home for June 2014 but they changed the rules.

Lots of places to eat and drink very nearby. I enjoyed spending my days at The New Rooms Inn (Harbor) Some really nice food and a great pint too.

One of the best places I have taken a break and I would have no hesitation in recommending this place to any couple visiting Weymouth.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The cleanliness
Liked least: Parking arrangements
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
People with disabilities Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing