1,194 results
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed May 28, 2014

This was the old pontins holiday park in the 80s.....now revamped ....but still has the old holiday park feel about it. bedrooms have been revamped and are ok for the price...over looks Weymouth bay.....only draw back is when there is a tea party or a coach trip to hotel regular guests seem to be left behind a bit service wise. Other wise quite a nice place to stay..

Room Tip: tip pick a sea front room rooms at the back bit gloomy...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank mikiedee
Reviewed May 26, 2014

Stayed one night and can say that the room was very clean and comfortable. Bit of a squeaky bed and couldn't get hot water out of the sink tap. The interior décor is nice and yes the outside does need a paint and repair. I liked the art deco look. Breakfast was buffet and was the usual full english , cereals and juices etc but having requested a gluten free breakfast on a number of occasions prior staying they didn't have any sausages or bread.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank buster321
Reviewed May 20, 2014

Positives: Reception, dining, and public areas were nice and well looked after, breakfast was OK as long as you weren't vegetarian, some staff were friendly and attentive.

Negatives: Balcony outside the room was dirty on arrival (cigarette butts etc) and was not cleaned all week. Upon arrival into the room we found the toilet had been used and not flushed, yet our room was supposedly cleaned just before we got there. There was a thick layer of black mould around both windows. Three separate lights outside our room window were on all night meaning it was like trying to sleep in daylight. Room was next to lift entrance so very noisy when people slammed the doors, also numerous people tried to open our room door thinking it was the lift entrance. I used one of the glasses in the room to have a beer one night and left the glass out to be changed/washed, it was clear this was just rinsed in the bathroom sink and put away as it was still dirty - made us wonder if the rest of the room was cleaned properly. Paid extra for a sea-view room, room actually faced the local fun fair and view was blocked by columns. Large gaps around doors meant the room was drafty and noisy.

Overall we thought this hotel was very over priced and would not go back.

glass rinsed.

Room Tip: If you have to go here, ask for a room at either end of the building (furthest from the centre).
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank versto7310
Reviewed May 20, 2014 via mobile

We have just returned from a 4 day stay at this hotel.

The good, lovely clean tidy room. Very helpful staff. Good hearty breakfast. Stunning views of bowleaze cove.

The not so good, outside of the hotel needs a repaint. Awful water pressure in the shower (hard to wash long hair in a trickle) noisy doors! You cant close them without banging them.

So overall we had a lovely stay, we will return most definitely. Thank you to all the staff.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Aimée W
Reviewed May 19, 2014

Whilst holidaying nearby I went to use the facilities in this hotel. The hotel itself looked quite rundown so I was pleased that I was not actually staying there. However, I wanted to take my daughter swimming so we paid for a session. The showers were really badly maintained with mould and dirt visible. The lockers were all broken. There were no family changing rooms so I had to take my daughter into the main men’s changing room which was not ideal. I found the staff, one male in particular, very unpleasant and unhelpful. We wanted to borrow a float but he insisted on having a deposit but as we had already changed into our swimming things I had no money to hand, he was not helpful and would not agree to my offer of paying for the float had we caused any damage to it. Overall not a very friendly and pleasant place to visit.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family