1,194 results
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed May 19, 2014

Whilst holidaying nearby I went to use the facilities in this hotel. The hotel itself looked quite rundown so I was pleased that I was not actually staying there. However, I wanted to take my daughter swimming so we paid for a session. The showers were really badly maintained with mould and dirt visible. The lockers were all broken. There were no family changing rooms so I had to take my daughter into the main men’s changing room which was not ideal. I found the staff, one male in particular, very unpleasant and unhelpful. We wanted to borrow a float but he insisted on having a deposit but as we had already changed into our swimming things I had no money to hand, he was not helpful and would not agree to my offer of paying for the float had we caused any damage to it. Overall not a very friendly and pleasant place to visit.

2  Thank Louise H
Reviewed May 19, 2014

The Riviera was probably once a great destination with its view across Weymouth Bay and what would have been a charming hotel, at least the sea view side. Today it is tired from the outside and the walkways adjoining every front door ensure that it is noisy and communal. On the inside the hotel has been revamped and the foyer suggests at the level of refurbishment undertaken. A bit Jeckyll and Hyde compared to the exterior.
The bedrooms have been redone to a good standard, gloss white units, large (comfortable) beds, TV etc. Our room hadnt been cleaned properly which rather spoilt its reception - this after walking to it via a charmless stair well and walkway. This was not a sea view room, but the block at the back and that's how it feels.
Back to the room, probably big in the sixties but now too small for the up spec in furniture and large beds and consequently you will find space a bit tight. Another metre wider would have made a big difference! This is part of the compromise of the entire hotel, good and not so good wherever you look.

If the owners had more money it good be great, at the moment it has a few too many issues to commit to a return.

Room Tip: if you must : opt for sea view and the first floor
1  Thank Redskyatnight2
Reviewed May 18, 2014

This looked great on the website. However, the paintwortk is shabby and parts could do wth a good hoover! The room was OK but so small that we couldn't open the wardrobe door as it banged into the bed!
Service appalling
Night 1 - we arrived for diner to be told a la carte was off. OK we had a bar snack. Asked for a bottle of wine - got 2 glasses. Waiter /barman not interessted and got the impression that the chef just wanted to go home.
Breakfast - meat burnt
Night 2 - dnner is served from 6-9pm. Arrived with elderly mother at 6.15pm. Could we have a table for 2 please? 'No ! We have a partry in so you will have to wait unitl 7.30pm!'
At this point we gave up and went to the pub!
Saving grace is the pool with jacuzzi etc but even this could do with a spruce up and repair.
The whole hotel has a feel of somewhere way past its prime and in decline. It is a shame because as an art deco style hotel it could be fabulous

Room Tip: Don't bother
1  Thank babsw
Reviewed May 17, 2014

Stayed here monday to friday , wow , one of the best hotels ive stayed at , every room is a chalet type of room with a sea view WOW and what a view , our room was a twin room with 2 comfortable single beds , mmm the best sleep ive had for ages , and the bathroom again was very modern with a walk in shower a rare thing these days , there was a radiator on the bedroom wall which made the room nice and warm overnight and the bathroom had a heated towel rail which did the same to the bathroom . Tea making facilitys were adequate and there was a fridge which came in handy and also a safe for our valuables , they had thought of everything . Breakfast was a superb serve yourself / buffet style , with sausages to die for mmm all nice and hot , and the waiting staff on hand to supply teas toast or anything that wasnt on the buffet , the wating staff were very polite and helpful , infact so were all the staff throughout the hotel , my wife and i use hotels quite a lot through the year and this one is at the top of our list , we will certainly be going back , WELL DONE all the staff at the Riviera .

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Rob w
Reviewed May 17, 2014

Stayed with my girlfriend over the April bank holiday weekend and she has also left a long review on here so will keep this short. Room was not cleaned properly and was tiny but nowhere else was available to move to over the Bank Holiday. Breakfast was disgusting and cold, we were given a full refund for the breakfast (£5 each....goes to show!). After second day out and about came back late to find no evidence of housekeeping so checked out following morning. In short a total disgrace of a place for £90 a night (I have stayed in wonderfully luxurious B&B accommodation for less than this, and hostels in the Australian Outback with better cleanliness!). We contacted the manager with our concerns, still no response a month later.....book here if you want an uncomfortable, dirty stay at rip off prices. I honestly cannot understand the good reviews of this place! SPEND YOUR MONEY ELSEWHERE!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple