1,203 results
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed May 17, 2014

Stayed with my girlfriend over the April bank holiday weekend and she has also left a long review on here so will keep this short. Room was not cleaned properly and was tiny but nowhere else was available to move to over the Bank Holiday. Breakfast was disgusting and cold, we were given a full refund for the breakfast (£5 each....goes to show!). After second day out and about came back late to find no evidence of housekeeping so checked out following morning. In short a total disgrace of a place for £90 a night (I have stayed in wonderfully luxurious B&B accommodation for less than this, and hostels in the Australian Outback with better cleanliness!). We contacted the manager with our concerns, still no response a month later.....book here if you want an uncomfortable, dirty stay at rip off prices. I honestly cannot understand the good reviews of this place! SPEND YOUR MONEY ELSEWHERE!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Chris E
Reviewed May 11, 2014

The hotel room was clean and comfortable but could have done with extra blankets. The duvet on the bed was quite thin and it was pretty cold at the beginning of April when we stayed.
Tea and coffee available in the room.
The breakfast was lovely and plenty of it.
The only bad thing I have to say is the the room was cold.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank shilly1965
Reviewed May 8, 2014

Friendly and helpful young staff. Clean deco room, Quality T.V. Nice en-suite shower room, Nice indoor swimming pool, nice sea-view of the bay from the room.
Evening dining not as exciting as we had been led to believe.
Breakfast let it down although only £5 each it was only worth that - bacon like rubber and sieved tomato were part of the cooked breakfast - staff promised to address this problem in the future.

1  Thank Wilma and Lawre... S
Reviewed May 7, 2014

The hotel rooms can be accessed by anyone off the streets . They may have painted the walls but it is still a Pontins refurb.
We had the most disgusting night sleep with drunken foul mouthed individual's keeping us awake from 3am until sunrise. The police were called six times . No phones in the room so no way of calling for help without a mobile. The hotel should reconsider their booking policy . Why do they let large groups of males to stay with no security.
Why was there no manager on site over a bank holiday weekend.
Thank goodness I didn't have my children with me.
The only saving grace is that my husband and I stood our ground and got a full refund, I was not going to pay for being terrorised

3  Thank Leyla G
Reviewed May 7, 2014

I booked this hotel as it is a fantastic example of Art Deco architecture.

We approached the hotel with slight apprehension due to the reviews on TripAdvisor. However, I'm happy to say that it's nowhere near as bad as some would have you believe!

Yes, there are some things which could be improved - I can see it's not easy to keep up with the painting of (external) doors and walls - but that's no reason to slate the hotel. The external decor was perfectly acceptable, whilst the decor of the rooms was nigh-on perfect. Both the bedroom and bathroom were really nicely decorated with good quality materials.

We were just sitting down for drinks and dinner when a group of European Classic Car enthusiasts turned up - well over 50 of them... we were informed there had been some confusion over arrival dates, so initially expected the worst - slow service, poor food etc... but the reality couldn't be further from the truth. The bar staff coped admirably and were incredibly apologetic at the minor delay in proceedings. Food was good, Tribute ale was consumed and we thoroughly enjoyed the evening.

The following morning we used the pool - which was warm and clean. However, the 'gym' is very small with only a limited number of machines and the 'jacuzzi' area of the pool needs maintenance.

Overall, it was an enjoyable experience in a really special building and location. We'd definitely recommend the hotel and may well return in the future.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are excellent - whilst it's not directly facing the sea, you do get a lovely view over Weymouth bay.
1  Thank twinspark