“Loved the Cumberland!”
Review of The Cumberland

The Cumberland
Ranked #8 of 166 Weymouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights 13/14 July for the Weymouth Seafood Festival. Upon arrival and until we left, we experienced a warm and friendly service where nothing was too much trouble.
We didn't know what to expect as we struggled to find somewhere, a lot of hotels were already booked up and we would normally would stay in 4/5 star hotels, but were pleasantly surprised. We had breakfast each morning which you could choose from a full English with toast, or cereal and fresh fruit and a choice of Juices, tea or coffee. There was also free bottles of water that you could help yourself to at reception.
Don't expect big rooms, but they are spotlessly clean and we had a great view with a balcony facing the sea

The location is perfect.....

We will definitely be back soon

Thanks so much for a lovely stay Anne & Matt

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view
1  Thank AnnieChabs1

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Stayed from 25-30 July 2013. Our top floor sea view room was quirky but very clean and comfortable, with a great view. Breakfasts were excellent, and our hosts Mark & Claire made us very welcome. They provided chilled bottled water and fresh milk for the rooms which were very useful. A very pleasant stay and a great location. Would definitely recommend the Cumberland.

Room Tip: Sea View is not to be missed on such a wonderful setting.
Reviewed July 27, 2013

The hotel was on a sea front, great for those trips to the beach.

The Room was lovely and spacious. Breakfast was lovely, and when my husband asked for tinned tomatoes the owner arranged for these to be available the next day - nothing was to much trouble.

My 3 year old felt comfortable in the hotel and that was the most important thing for us.

Thanks for a great stay :O)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We stayed at the Cumberland Hotel last week from Friday to Monday. Myself and my 13 year old Son were upgraded to a Sea View room for no extra cost. The room was slightly smaller that the non Sea View, but still very comfortable, although it was at the top, I got used to the stairs in the end. Lovely to wake up and look out onto the beach. The weather was really lovely which was real bonus. I cannot fault anything about the Cumberland. We were made to feel very welcome by the owners Mark and Claire. The room was very clean and nicely decorated, bed really comfy, shower really good!!! And last but not least, the Breakfast. Wow!! what a service, help your self to cereal, fruit, yogurt, juice. Served with Coffee or Tea, then toast, then best of all the full english breakfast, which I have to say is the tastiest I've had in a long time, and never had to wait more than 5 minutes between each course. Would definitely stay again and already recommended to friends.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

We have just got home today from a two night stay at the cumberland. We have stayed in weymouth many many times over the years and i have to say this is the best hotel by far. It is an excellent location. The hotel itself is lovely, rooms are very clean and fresh. Room 5 brilliant with little balcony and amazing views. Breakfast was just the best. Mark and claire were lovely, so friendly and helpful. Will be staying here again thats for sure.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Jane M
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Just got back from the Cumberland (Sunday 14th July) and as always a I had great weekend. I have been to Weymouth 3 times in the last 12 months and have always stayed at the Cumberland so thought it was about time I left a review online as opposed to just in the guest book Claire and Mark have.

I have definitely seen how they have developed the place over the last 12 months of them taking ownership of the Cumberland. My first stay was in room 1 which was really good and was a good indication of the standard they were trying to achieve when they had completed their overall upgrade of the place. I'm very pleased to say that my last visit the weekend was when I saw that they had completed the upgrade and they have made a great job of it too. I commented to them how well they had done which I know they were pleased to hear, yet they say they want to do more. This just shows how much pride they take in their roles in this service industry and really want to put the customers at the heart of what they do.

I had room 12 and whilst its a smaller room than ones I have had in the past (rooms 1/5/6) I think its my favourite. The last room to be upgraded is what they told me and it is as high a standard as all others i've stayed in. What gives it the edge for me is the wonderful view of the sea and town and the clear glass roof in the shower, I felt like I was abroad, what a great touch and surprise! Clean, crisp fresh linen is always the standard here accompanied by free toiletries in case you forget your own and finally a good choice of tea/coffee and biscuits in your room.

The hotel is of a high standard throughout, all amenities are just what is needed, the breakfast area is light, bright, welcoming and is finished off by a great choice of full English, cereal fruit and yogurt.

Finally, Claire and Mark - They are always friendly, welcoming and willing to give assistance when asked. They know the area well and have given me good advice on where to go if I want to travel a bit further out of the town. They even let me borrow their iron and ironing board on the Sunday morning before I left which is just one of the little touches that just makes me feel welcomed and well looked after when i'm there.

If you go to Weymouth, stay here is my advice, you wont be disappointed. See you again soon Claire and Mark and please have room 12 free for me :)

Room Tip: Sea-view if you can get one!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Glyn R
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Great value guest house, extremely friendly welcome from the lovely hoteliers mark and claire. Immediately made to feel at home with nice attention to detail; reserved car parking space, fresh milk for a cup a tea, neatly folded towels, cooled bottled water, chocolate, excellant breakfast etc etc Nice clean room with sensational sea front view from window, enhanced with access to a balcony from where you can spend many hours just absorbing and appreciating possibly the UKs most spendid georgian sea frontage. Many further hours can be spent walking its long sweeping sea frontage, watching the boats and exploring its historic harbour area along with hours of fun on its safe sandy beach set within the natural bay. If you have not been to Weymouth before, perhaps we should keep secret its glorius appeal and unspoilt beauty, but if you want to experience england at its best we would strongly recommend the cumberland hotel

Room Tip: pay for a sea view
1  Thank david c