“Horrible Experience and Service - Not Recommended!”
Review of Cunard Guest House

Cunard Guest House
Ranked #4 of 166 Weymouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 31, 2010

I booked this B&B based on the reviews, what a mistake that was! I arrived at 09.30am and placed my case in the room and went on into Weymouth. Due to a major family problem at home I had no alternative but to check out at 13.30pm. I spoke to the proprietor and attempted to explain my unfortunate situation, he was not in the least bit interested! He informed me that he had a business to run, he was most unsympathetic and became quite aggressive and irritated! I offered half payment as a good will gesture but he refused and demanded my card and took full payment! I asked him about his cancellation policy and he informed me he did not have one? I travel on business all over the UK and Europe frequently and this chap is the worst proprietor I have ever encountered! And to top it all the floor had not even been hoovered in the room, he told me that himself! Horrible!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled solo
9  Thank Russ000
samkellyharris, Owner at Cunard Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2010

We were happy for this guest to arrive at 0930 even though our normal check out times are 1030 for previous guests. The prior one in this room had left earlier in the morning therefore we were able to clean and change the room before this gentleman arrived, unfortunately we hadn' quite hoovered due to a time issue, not cleanliness. As soon as we knew the guest had gone back out, the room was of course hoovered. The gentleman had a double room but was actually only charged for single occupancy, therefore already paying half of the room rate. Our cancellation policies are 48 hours notice therefore we did take payment as the room had been occupied for a certain amount of hours and did offer a full refund if at short notice we could re-let the room, which unfortunately we could not. We are sorry to hear that this gentleman was disappointed, this was obviously never our intention but we feel that the situation was handled as appropriately as possible, and anyone knowing myself and my husband Sam would know that he is a very polite and not an aggressive or irritated person at all!!

Reviewed January 16, 2010

The rooms were clean, the breakfasts were good, there was on-street parking (with the provided permit) and the location is no more than 10-15 mins walk from anything in Weymouth; but the thing that really stood out about the Cunard was the service. You get the impression that nothing is too much trouble. About the only thing that didn't quite work right was the shower, which struggled to keep temperature and provide enough water. Other than that - perfect. We'll certainly go back.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 3, 2010

This is by far the best B&B we have stayed in. The owner was extremely helpful. The rooms are spotless, and could not fault them. The breakfast was great too. It has on street parking which you are given a permit. You are just a short walk away from the town centre and the beach. Would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed October 10, 2009

We enjoyed our stay at this guest house. Our room with en-suite was very clean and finished to a high standard. The bed was comfortable, the shower had good water pressure (sometimes this is difficult to find in smaller hotels or guesthouses), and overall it was very cosy. Public areas, hallway and dining room were equally well finished, good carpets and a pleasant air. The owner was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good and plentiful. There are lessons here that other guest house owners could learn. Whose heart has not sunk when faced with a room, booked over the internet or telephone, which is not as clean as one would hope or with grubby chipped furniture and dubious stains on the carpet? No such problems here. I would not hesitate to recommend this guest house to any one. It was a delightful find. Parking is on the road but we were given a parking permit and the parking was right outside the door.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 14, 2009

We stayed for 3 nights in this very clean and very well maintained gust house. Sam and Kelly were very obliging and friendly. We had a fantastic break, the guest house is away from the maddening crowds in a very quiet area so very relaxing. Thanks Sam for the wonderful breakfasts, don't think thats the last you will see of us... Cheers

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 28, 2009

We stayed in a very clean and bright family room. The beds were very comfortable and as I suffer from a disc problem this is very important to me. The owners of this very comfortable guest house could not have been more attentive to us or our two children. I have stayed in 5 star hotels and many guest houses but none gets my vote more than this.
Sam made sure that we had a parking permit as soon as we arrived in town and had the room prepared for as early as he could have. This young couple deserve to go far. In my profession where I need to evalute customer service skills I am pleased to say that the last 5 days have left me without critisism. Thankyou to you both Paula, Pete and boys from Burton on Trent

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 27, 2009

Spent 2 nights there, booked last minute, took a gamble and it certainly paid off. Certainly was not as the sterotypical idea I had of a seaside BB!-run down, tatty and with dodgy carpet and curtains!

This place was fresh, very clean, modern and breakfast was superb! Very well run and the parking was no problem. It is a stone throw from the sea, no hills to climb, and not near any noisy pubs. Everything is though within walking distance - pubs, restaurants etc.

The couple running it were friendly helpful and had good local knowledge. We will be staying there again when we visit next time and would certainly recommend it to both older and younger friends and family.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple