Had a great 3 night break at the Alendale guest house and would gladly return. The hosts Jim and Denise made us feel very welcome, and our room was nice sized and comfortable and exceptionally clean. The initial road noise (we were in the front) was a slight concern as we are not used to noise but by night time the road was quiet and we both slept soundly each night of our stay. Breakfast was 100% superb and the 'full scottish' option is highly recommended by me!!!! The nice small local pub - The Waterloo - just 5 mins walk away was also good - and was used for a nightcap each night of our stay. All in all we had a very nice stay and would very-very happily return to the Alendale.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Alendale Guest House is a warm and comfortable Grade II listed Georgian building in the beautiful seaside holiday town of Weymouth, Dorset, situated in a terrace at the end of the esplanade. It is just across the road from the beach and a short walk to the harbour and shopping centre and the old town with its restaurants, bars and nightlife. Retaining many of its Georgian features and character, the guest house offers comfortable, fresh accommodation on a B&B basis. All the rooms have en-suite facilities and families are welcome. We pride ourselves at the Alendale on our high standard of cleanliness. In your room you will find a well supplied hospitality tray and often home made cakes. We also provide hair dryers, sewing kits and shoe cleaning kits. An iron and board can be provided on request and we can also arrange dry cleaning. The Alendale has a modern dining room that can sit 14, with views towards the beach. We have a wonderful breakfast menu and source all our produce, where possible, directly from Dorset. The menu includes a full English breakfast with a choice of selected extras, or perhaps local grilled kippers or scrambled egg and smoked salmon with toasted brioche. There is also a selection of tea, coffee and hot chocolate. You can also help yourself to our breakfast buffet which includes fruit and a range of Dorset Cereals. Special diets can be catered for with prior notice but we generally find that most vegetarians can find something suitable from the menu.Our motto is, "If we can, we will"! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your The Alendale Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Alendale Guest House Hotel Weymouth
- The Alendale Guest House Weymouth, Dorset