My fiance and I stayed here for three nights and the guest house met all our expectations.
We stayed in Room 3 and the king side bed was extremely comfortable and the room itself cosy. The bathroom was a tad small but the water pressure in the shower was excellent,I have very thick long hair and struggle at home to rinse my hair thoroughly but the shower in the room was a delight.
The breakfast was beautiful. All the food served is local produce I believe and this really was reflected in the taste.
The landlady was very friendly and personable and her son helping with the breakfasts was extremely polite. They made us feel very welcome and at home.
There are additional little touches such as cookies,small chocolate bars provided in all rooms aswell as the expected coffee making facilities. The rooms are very clean but if for some reason you don't want your room cleaned on one particular day the owners are understanding and just replace essentials like towels,cups etc until you are ready for the room to be cleaned properly.
On the whole we really enjoyed our stay,the landlady was warm and friendly and I advise anybody holidaying in Weymouth to stay in the Alendale!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Alendale Guest House is a warm and comfortable Grade II listed Georgian building in the beautiful seaside holiday town of Weymouth, Dorset, situated in a terrace at the end of the esplanade. It is just across the road from the beach and a short walk to the harbour and shopping centre and the old town with its restaurants, bars and nightlife. Retaining many of its Georgian features and character, the guest house offers comfortable, fresh accommodation on a B&B basis. All the rooms have en-suite facilities and families are welcome. We pride ourselves at the Alendale on our high standard of cleanliness. In your room you will find a well supplied hospitality tray and often home made cakes. We also provide hair dryers, sewing kits and shoe cleaning kits. An iron and board can be provided on request and we can also arrange dry cleaning. The Alendale has a modern dining room that can sit 14, with views towards the beach. We have a wonderful breakfast menu and source all our produce, where possible, directly from Dorset. The menu includes a full English breakfast with a choice of selected extras, or perhaps local grilled kippers or scrambled egg and smoked salmon with toasted brioche. There is also a selection of tea, coffee and hot chocolate. You can also help yourself to our breakfast buffet which includes fruit and a range of Dorset Cereals. Special diets can be catered for with prior notice but we generally find that most vegetarians can find something suitable from the menu.Our motto is, "If we can, we will"! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Alendale Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Alendale Guest House Hotel Weymouth
- The Alendale Guest House Weymouth, Dorset