Found this little gem on the internet at Christmas when planning our summer holiday 2011 and booked a week in July 11. Then later decided we needed a weekend away at Easter, so thought we would check it out so I rang Mark who said they only had 1 room left and said the 4 of us would just fit :-) So we booked it.
Well where do I start............
The greeting was way above my expectation, mark even carried our bags up the 2 flights of stairs (That'll keep him fit!!) The hotel is well decorated and amazingly clean, rooms clean, Bar was well decorated and modern. I could keep going. As for the breakfast.......Perfection and not greasy, served on a hot plate and with a smile. At one point I got up to get another coffee and Mark rushed across with a smile, advising me to sit down as I'm on holiday and that's what he's there for and then proceeded to pour me another fresh coffee.
I work long hours myself and when away need to relax and turn the old brain off. The service these guys provide is probably the best I have ever experienced. Also my working background (many years ago!!) is the Catering industry as a Chef. So I understand the meaning of the word service and good food..... These guys far exceed what is traditionaly expected of a small hotel. So if you want the perfect hotel, with perfect hosts and perfect food, oh and with the perfect location then look no further you are wasting your time, just stay at The Bourneville, you will not regret it.
We are really looking forward to our weeks holiday in July. Only 3 weeks to go.
Don't try so hard this time Mark, you don't need to, mind you be prepared we have more bags to carry this time (3 womens sets of shoes!!!!! etc) :-)
The Oliver Family
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A superb, three-star Georgian seafront residence offering first rate bed and breakfast accommodation with quality service at excellent prices. Located in a most ideal position opposite the beautiful sandy beach of Weymouth, and only a minutes walk to the picturesque harbour and bustling town center. Many other attractions all nearby. A residents bar is open most evenings and internet access and WIFI is available at no extra charge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda and LateRooms so you can book your The Bourneville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Bourneville Hotel Weymouth
- The Bourneville Weymouth, Dorset