“IN ONE WORD. WOW!”

The Bourneville
Ranked #28 of 163 Weymouth B&B and Inns
“IN ONE WORD. WOW!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2011

Found this little gem on the internet at Christmas when planning our summer holiday 2011 and booked a week in July 11. Then later decided we needed a weekend away at Easter, so thought we would check it out so I rang Mark who said they only had 1 room left and said the 4 of us would just fit :-) So we booked it.

Well where do I start............

The greeting was way above my expectation, mark even carried our bags up the 2 flights of stairs (That'll keep him fit!!) The hotel is well decorated and amazingly clean, rooms clean, Bar was well decorated and modern. I could keep going. As for the breakfast.......Perfection and not greasy, served on a hot plate and with a smile. At one point I got up to get another coffee and Mark rushed across with a smile, advising me to sit down as I'm on holiday and that's what he's there for and then proceeded to pour me another fresh coffee.

I work long hours myself and when away need to relax and turn the old brain off. The service these guys provide is probably the best I have ever experienced. Also my working background (many years ago!!) is the Catering industry as a Chef. So I understand the meaning of the word service and good food..... These guys far exceed what is traditionaly expected of a small hotel. So if you want the perfect hotel, with perfect hosts and perfect food, oh and with the perfect location then look no further you are wasting your time, just stay at The Bourneville, you will not regret it.

We are really looking forward to our weeks holiday in July. Only 3 weeks to go.

Don't try so hard this time Mark, you don't need to, mind you be prepared we have more bags to carry this time (3 womens sets of shoes!!!!! etc) :-)

The Oliver Family

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Thai first
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2011

From the outset, the young couple running this sweet hotel made me feel welcome and at home, the weather was appalling so I spent most of my time in the hotel. It was comfortable and my needs were catered for. When I am next staying in Weymouth I will be sure to stay here again. Keep up the good work!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank MaxTrotter
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2011

Great location, literally a stones throw from the beach and just a short walk to the harbour, the local shops, pubs and restaurants. Mark and Pam (the owners) are very personable and attentive. Our bedroom was clean and had a new bathroom fitted only recently.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank weymouth92
Gloucester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2011

Over a period of many years we have stayed in many several hotels in Weymouth(somany we have lost count).without a doubt this is the best one.We will definately be back.Many times we hope.
The view from the windows is wothy of 5 stars.
The 3 star catergory is not enough.I would give the Bournville 4 stars at the very least

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2011

My girlfriend and I were looking for a place to spend our anniversary and found this hotel through google. I have to say this is one of the nicest trips we have ever had. The Hotel is nicely located opposite the beech and is walking distance from lots of great shops (including an old fashioned sweet shop selling home made fudge). The rooms in the hotel were excellent size for the rates we paid and the owners Mark & Pam we two of the nicest people i have met. They were never too Busy to have a chat and always had a smile on their face when serving breakfast or wishing us a good weekend. I could not think of a better place to stay next time i come to Weymouth, the beds were comfy, hotel was in a great location and the staff were kindly and helpful. We will defiantly be returning in the near future.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Swindon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2011

Me and my boyfriend stayed the the Bourneville for two nights in April. Although we have lived together for a while this was our first weekend away, just the two of us.

It was perfect. When we originally booked up for our stay we booked a standard room, but a few minutes later Mark phoned us back offering us the four poster bed/room at no extra cost! The room was gorgeous, the bed was very comfy, and the bathroom spotlessly clean.

The location was also perfect. The room was on the front, overlooking the beach.

The breakfasts were lovely, and Mark was very friendly and helpful. We will definately be going back to the Bourneville for our next weekend away!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Shepton Mallet, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2011

We would first like to thank Mark for making us feel very welcome, situated right next to the beach, harbour and the town centre, you couldnt ask for a better place for such a great B & B to be situated, we stayed only for one night but now we wished we stayed for longer, which we will do next time, the room we had was lovely, clean and very comfortable, also with the most amazing view, the whole place was very clean and truly has to be one of the best B & Bs in the whole of weymouth! Many Thanks again, see you very soon! Carly & Ed x

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple