“Harbour Lights”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Weymouth
Harbour Lights Guest House
Ranked #37 of 165 Weymouth B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 22, 2012

I am now back from a birdwatching trip in Dorset. I had the pleasure of staying at Harbour Lights which provided me with the ideal place to base myself. It is a couple of hundred yards from the Rodwell Trail which takes you in one direction to RSPB Radipole (only a short walk) and the opposite direction towards Portland. The accommodation was excellent and the breakfast were great. Thanks to Diane and her staff for making my stay a real pleasure.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Keith F
Diane Q, Owner at Harbour Lights Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2012

Thank you for your review, it was a pleasure to meet you and I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. It was lovely to hear of your travels observing wildlife in the area.

There are newer reviews for Harbour Lights Guest House

Reviewed May 20, 2012

Spent a night in a single room at this lovely guest house a few days ago and despite the shortness of stay, I am able to highly recommend it. Was due in Weymouth to attend an interview and needed somewhere cheaper to stay close to the town, but with on site parking so I didn't need to worry about my car and the attached bike. I only contacted Diane the proprietor the day before to confirm, £35 for the room was one of the cheapest prices, but no reviews of the rooms being over kitchens, noisy, the need for them to move your car or any homophobic terms and conditions like other guest house's. I mentioned I was arriving in the morning to spend some time sight seeing and was offered to check in early and leave some belongings there, this saved me worrying about having things in my car.
It is on a main road, but you don't notice any noise from traffic, there is parking for each room. Diane greeted me warmly, showing me to my room, inside it is spotless, the room was a comfy and well appointed, with the two single rooms at the back over looking the garden, each room has an adjacent toilet, and there is a shared shower, again, all spotless. The bed was comfy, there was plenty of bedroom furniture for a longer stay, a small flat screen TV with digital channels and free wi-fi. I didn't notice any other guests until the morning (the other single room was empty). If i was going to be picky and find a fault, I would say the shower could have been a bit more powerful, but that's just to balance the review!
The breakfast room was nice, with plenty of tables, there was a lot of options for breakfast, but I stuck with cereals, with freshly made tea and toast. I was made to feel welcome at all times, despite being afflicted with a cold that probably made me seem quite miserable! I settled up before checking out, well worth the cost. I was kindly offered to leave my car there whilst I attended the appointment, saving me worrying about parking. I was wished luck, which was appreciated!

I very much recommend the place, and would stay again, and if I move down there i will tell anyone visiting to stay there to! I'm hard to please, so its nice to find good value, with excellent service.

Room Tip: Close to local buses, but easy to walk into Weymouth if your fit, about 15mins. On the road to Portl...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank marktheevildude

Thank you for your review, your feedback is very much appreciated (I hope the interview went well).

Reviewed May 7, 2012

We have just returned from a wonderful weekend staying at Harbour Lights. This was a 2nd visit for my partner & I, we invited friends to join us as we loved our stay there last year so were happy to bring our friends that are used to staying in some of the best hotels. Thankyou Diane & your fab team for exceeding our expectations, our friends were so impressed we have decided to stay again in September. The views out to sea & Portland from our rooms are surely unbeatable breakfast is fantastic & we loved the lovely new room decor the smart ensuites the tuck shop snacks, fridges for fresh milk were appreciated in fact all your thoughtful touches like wine glasses & bottle opener. I sleep better in the comfy beds there than at home and really look forward to our next treat at Harbour Lights I just hope they dont get so busy that we cant book in !

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank byewaters
Diane Q, Owner at Harbour Lights Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2012

Thank you very much for your kind review, there is no better promotion than word of mouth (and Trip Advisor of course) and we very much appreciate your recommendation. Looking forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed March 19, 2012

This guest house is difficult to fault especially if you are lucky enough to have a room at the front of the house where the name "Harbour Lights" is true to its word! The room was spacious and very comfortable with plenty of wardrobe and drawer space. The provision of a small fridge was very welcome as was the fresh milk available. The breakfast was lovely and freshly cooked. Diane was helpful with ideas for days out, local attractions and places to eat. We would not look for anywhere else if we are visiting the area in the future.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front have a fantastic view - the busy road was quiet at night and didn't affect ou...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank beres4d
Diane Q, Owner at Harbour Lights Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2012

Thank you for your review, customer satisfaction is so important to us and it is good to know we have hit the mark. We look forward to welcoming you again next time you are in Weymouth.

Reviewed March 6, 2012

Myself and husband have just spent a few days at Harbour LIghts B&B and it was lovely, clean, tastefully decorated, friendly and great breakfast, if you are looking for somewhere to stay thats good value for money I would recommend this highly,

Sue Perkins

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank susiep49
Diane Q, Owner at Harbour Lights Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2012

Sue I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your kind comments

Reviewed December 12, 2011

me and my new husband stayed here on our wedding night, as did his mother and my maid of honour and partner we all had a great stay and the breakfast was beautifull, could chose anything you wanted including full cooked breakfast, juice, tea coffie and milk all avalible. if you go on there website you can see pics of the rooms and request one you prefer as there as some rooms with beautifull sea veiws.
diane was very helpfull in the run up to the stay showing me round and even letting us put our bag in our room the night before. she also chilled a bottle of wine we took there for when we arrived back at night. when we got to our room in the guest house there was a wedding card waiting for s which i thought was very nice. all in all i had a great stay and would reccomend staying there,
i only live 5 mins away in a car the guest house is in a great place out of the way from the town center but on a bus route which would take about 5 to 10 mins depending on traffic. there is some loverly places to go close by the rodwell trail which is a loverly costal walk and there is a place called sandsfoot castle which has loverly gardens the castle and a cafe which also sells icecream i oftern take my kids here there a nice big grass area for them to play near the old castle. Portland is also close bye on a bus route from across the road from the guest house, dianne is very helpfull and im sre would point you in the direction of things to see and do.

Room Tip: ask for a sea veiw the veiws are beautifull
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lucaskiara
Reviewed November 3, 2011

we stayed for 3 nights it was spotless and nice polite staff breakfast was quality and pleantyfull only about a 20 min stroll to town a helpfull pack in the bedroom we stayed in room4 with lush views of portland only down side was the busy road but we did have the windows open as it was warm nights in october :o) but that wont stop us going there again next year

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded November 8, 2011

Thank you for taking the trouble to review your stay at Harbour Lights and I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. We realise the sound of passing traffic can be heard, and this winter (2011/12) a part of our ongoing programme of improvements, we are having new, improved double glazing fitted to the top floor front bedrooms. Along with new heavier weight lined curtains, this should improve the acoustics of the rooms. Best wishes, Diane.