“Dinner guests of family staying at Bay Royal”

Bay Royal Weymouth Hotel
Ranked #13 of 22 Hotels in Weymouth
Tempo, United Kingdom
“Dinner guests of family staying at Bay Royal”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I live in Weymouth and my sister and brother in law came to Weymouth on a short break from Hull with National Holidays. The hotel were more than happy for an extra 2 people to have dinner in the hotel with them on the Saturday night. The hotel was welcoming and clean. The staff were friendly, helpful and efficient. It was busy and there was a good atmosphere. After pre-dinner drinks in the bar which is nicely decorated and warm we went in to the restaurant which is also welcoming. There was a good choice on the menu, our courses were served promptly and the food was hot and of good proportions. Towards the end of our meal the manager visited every table to ask if everything was to our satisfaction and if we were enjoying our stay which was a lovely touch. She genuinely cared that everyone was having a good time.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone coming to Weymouth. The location on the sea front is wonderful and within easy walking distance of the town. Easy access to buses and railway station.

We visited the hotel 3 times during the weekend and enjoyed each experience very much.

Room Tip: Request a room overlooking the sea, superb. If you are driving, check on parking availability as I...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank BarbaraJ2608
ManagerOfRoyalHotel, Manager at Bay Royal Weymouth Hotel, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
Hi BarbaraJ2608.
Thank you for taking the time to review us and for your comments. All of our staff and Restaurant Manager genuinely care that our guests are having a good time, so I'm pleased you felt this. I completely agree that the Hotel is in a wonderful location on the seafront and close to transport links. I'm thrilled that you had such a positive experience with us. I look forward to welcoming you back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
Ireland/Germany
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Well I had to take a few days off work and was tired of travelling overseas with work and I had spotted these mid week break deals with Shearings. I was just looking for a nice quiet hotel in a nice location and having watched the sailing from Weymouth during the Olympics thought Weymouth would be worth a visit. It was everything I needed and more.

This hotel has the best location on the esplanade with great views while still being walking distance from town and old harbour area.

I booked a four night DBB package which surprisingly included four drinks per day.

I arrived a week early, yes you read right. A week early, I told you I needed the break, however with the assistance of the lady on reception I was allowed to check in.

May I say the food was very good, excellent choices each evening, and friendly and efficient service. Sona in the dining roomwas very good (and beautiful).

Breakfast were excellent.

Rooms are going through an upgrade process but mine was more than adequate for my requirements and the bathroom and shower was very good,

Overall a great experience, and exceptional value for money.

I will be back!!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank JonahIreland_Germany
ManagerOfRoyalHotel, Manager at Bay Royal Weymouth Hotel, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Hi JonahIreland_Germany Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us and for your lovely comments. I’m thrilled you enjoyed your stay and have passed your comments onto Sona. I am in complete agreement that we are in the best location and have great ocean views. I’m thrilled you benefitted from this. I look forward to welcoming you back should you return
Worthing, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 7, 2014

We visited the Bay Royal at Weymouth last weekend and found it to be very good.The staff were extremely welcoming and friendly always cheerful.On the saturday evening Cynthia who had only been there for 2weeks was on her own in the bar and it was extremely busy because the guests had been given free drinks vouchers and there didnt seem to be enough glasses and at one point the till wasnt working properly but despite this Cynthia coped brilliantly and didnt stop smiling throughout so well done to her!!!!The food was very good and once again the dining room staff were really lovely and very accommodating. If you can call it a critisism they could turn the heating down a notch because it was very hot everywhere in the building but all in all great experience and would visit there again and recommend.thanks to them all mrs,cannon p.s. they advise no parking facilities but they do give you a voucher for your car for the limited spaces outside hotel and it covers the car park in town centre short walk away.

Room Tip: we had 208 and gave lovely view of sunrise in morning.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank maxine c
Hi Maxine c. Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us and for your lovely comments. I have passed your comments onto Cynthia. All of our friendly staff work very hard to ensure our guests have the best stay possible so I’m pleased this was achieved. I’m sorry if you found the Hotel too hot at times. The weather has been unpredictable and we have tried to keep guests as comfortable as possible. I look forward to welcoming you back should you return.
Swaffham
Reviewed February 4, 2014

Had a very nice stay at weekend, Staff very helpfull one for excellent service named Carly should get all stars Working morning and evening with friendly attitude also would go that extra mile.
Rooms are very clean mum dad stayed in a sea view room you could see the whole front. Only one comment is my room only had a bath no shower but that is my only issue not bad for the cost.
Entertainment very good even had me dancing. Bar had another hard worker the same as Carly would help with any request just did not get her name.
Would return and recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: Request a room with shower and for veiws would go seaview
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Andrew G
Hi Andrew G. Thanks for taking the time to review your stay with us and for your comments. I have passed your lovely comments on to Carly. All of our staff work hard to ensure our guests have the best stay possible, I’m pleased this was noticed by you. I look forward to welcoming you back when you decide to return.
Nuneaton
Reviewed February 4, 2014

Just had a fantastic Friday to Monday self drive break. This was our third visit and the standard of the food was much better than previously. Our congratulations to the chefs and kitchen team.
For the number of guests catered for the quality was ecellent.
The bedroom was superb ,well worth upgrading to a seaview and superior room.
We will definately be returning

Room Tip: Sea view on first floor
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi Nick F. Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us and for your lovely comments. I’m thrilled with your comments and that you had a fantastic stay. We are constantly looking to improve the service we provide, I’m so pleased you noticed an improvement. I look forward to welcoming you back.
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 3, 2014

We have had five wonderful days at this hotel. The food has been excellent - plenty of choice at breakfast, and it was served hot. The three-course evening meal, with choices for each course, was excellent. While some people may see the decor as "shabby" it seemed very acceptable to us; this is an old building and the decoration seems suitable to it. The one problem we found was that the bedroom floor creaked a lot! - but as we had a great view overlooking the sea we put up with that. On arrival we phoned reception for a mattress topper for one bed and this was fitted before we had unpacked. The staff were very obliging at all times. If you stay there be sure to look at the memorial across the road, with details of preparations for D-Day in the Weymouth area.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Alan S
Hi Alan S. Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us and for your lovely comments. We are constantly striving to improve the service we provide, so I’m thrilled that you found the food excellent and the view great. I look forward to welcoming you back should you return.
kent
Reviewed January 18, 2014

Lovely stay at the hotel only a few grumbles but overall would stay again if we had same room 214 2nd floor big views and nice warm clean room ,did ask for a mattress topper for my bed but within 30mins housekeeping at the door to sort problem out. did not put us off stay, food v nice but food portions were a bit sparse but again it was 3 courses so ample to get nosebag tucked into .one waitress was particularly abrupt and not very helpful ..didn't tip her... so if you are thinking of using shearings and this hotel do...one tip we went on a trip to Portland Bill .stunning views,coach driver came upon a gentleman who was a diver and long term resident of Portland and he agreed to come on the coach and give us a guided tour he was an absolute gem of a find he was informative name of Selwyn Williams ,please ask them to continue with his services..

Room Tip: room 214 for a splendid view
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank jabbasKent
ManagerOfRoyalHotel, Manager at Bay Royal Weymouth Hotel, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Hi JabbasKent. Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I’m pleased you found the food of very good quality. Most of our guests usually remark on how generous our portions are, so I’m very surprised to hear that you found them sparse. Our staff work very hard to ensure our guests are as comfortable as possible, so I’m glad your request was dealt with swiftly. I look forward to welcoming you back should you return.