“One night stopover”

The Fairhaven Hotel
Ranked #17 of 22 Hotels in Weymouth
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I booked a single room on the top floor. Was advised beforehand that I would need to take lift, walk along corridors and one flight of stairs I was pleasantly surprised by the amount of space in the room Usually single rooms are more like broom cupboards. There was plenty of storage and lighting and even room for a desk and comfy chair. The bathroom was modern with a great shower. Towels were large, soft and fluffy. (no shower gel or shampoo).
The beds had sheets and blanket which is most unusual these days but was not a problem.
The sea view was amazing. I spent a quiet relaxed night. (would recommend higher rooms to avoid noise mentioned by previous reviews) I was there on a Monday night to see evening Punch and Judy show and fireworks so it was probably quieter than a weekend.
I found the staff efficient and polite but not particularly friendly maybe because they were so busy all the time. The breakfast was adequate but nothing to rave about.
The decor in the hotel was very tired looking but clean.
I would stay at this hotel again but not if I was going for a special occasion.It suited my purpose. I arrived by train so didn't have the hassle of finding a parking space on the roads.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the top floor. Some of the single rooms are quite small so check before booking.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank 360maryp360

Reviewed August 4, 2013

We've been staying here now for around 13 years and we book up again every year. The hotel is rather dated and common with the elderly, but it has to offer what every modern traveller needs, except wifi. The meals are spot on and if there is anything on the menu that you don't really like, they very kindly send you into the neighbouring restaurant (panorama).it is located very near the historic harbour and the won centre. It's also become a lot quiter this year due to the closure of the club down the road! This is a very clean hotel and the staff cannot do enough for you! Possibly th beets hotel in Weymouth, ignore all the other bad reviews! Ad this is coming from a picky 16 year old...

Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Bradley A
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Stayed here for one night and although it desperately needs some updating and redecoration, the room itself was clean and comfortable. It has a great position directly across the road from the gorgeous beach and although I was unable to use the hotel parking, I was given a parking permit which allowed me to park roadside not 50 metres from the hotel. ( £15 cash deposit, returned when parking permit handed back on checkout.) The hotel has 2 bars and television lounge and after dinner, in one of the numerous bars and restaurants on the doorstep, was entertained in the downstairs lounge by a local singer, Billy Solo (the tambourine man) sounds cheesy but he was marvellous and kept the visitors very entertained with music and dancing. Breakfast was good and served quickly.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

Booked online for me and a few friends to go fishing, £35 for a single room with en suite bathroom and breakfast. Didn't expect much when we arrived, reception looked a little tired, service was good and they even gave me a parking permit to park free of charge on the front.
Room, small but had a desk, tea and coffee making facilities, hairdryer, tv and a heater. The bathrooms was great with new tiling and shower.
Pop in and have a look at the lounge bar on the first floor, it's like walking into a nineteen seventies conservative club and I am not being horrible here it is just "retro".
The hotel had live free entertainment in the evening in the downstairs bar which has been refurbished and updated and is very nice.
Breakfast, little mini menu order what you like, kippers, English whatever.
On the whole if you ignore some of the dated furniture this is a cracking find, cheap, clean and right on the sea front with good staff that don't take themselves too seriously and interact well with customers. Will not hesitate to book here again and came away happy that we had a bargain and a ball.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I'd read the reviews so I wasn't expecting luxury but the service was better than in some 5 star hotels. OK the carpets desperately need replacing but I had the most comfortable bed and newly renovated bathroom with a super power shower. Shame the bedroom was smaller than a prison cell.........but I did have everything I needed plus a seaview.
All the staff were helpful, friendly and nothing was too much trouble. From the room maids who kept the hotel sparkling to the restaurant and reception staff.
There was a varied mixture of guests from the very young to the elderly including a few foreign visitors. Everyone I spoke to seemed happy with the hotel.
Yes, there is noise from the bars and clubs plus the seagulls..........who seemed to think my window was their personal toilet..........but this is the Seaside and to be expected.
The location was great for the beach, harbour and shops. Altogether you get what you pay for - and I was VERY happy!
A true Weymouth Welcome - thankyou.

Room Tip: If you want a seaview, expect noise otherwise go for a room at the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Stayed here on a 7 day holiday and first impressions as an 18 year old was like omg, it felt like I had walked into an old people's home living in the 70s, got to my room and found it also followed this trend but didn't really have an issue with it, the bed was one of the comfiest I have ever slept in, the cleaners always said good morning to you. In the room there was a bed, lovely shower, spacious bathroom, desk with a chair and I was lucky enough to have a lovely sea view, throughout the course of the week I started it enjoy the holiday a bit more, we got to know the staff and we had a nice laugh with them, they were very warm and friendly towards us and despite the hotel being 2* the treatment we received was the standard of a 3* hotel. My grandparents loved the hotel as they have mobility issues and the beach being right in front of the hotel was handy for them, the only issue we had was parking, but mostly our fault for not sorting it out! Another issue we had was noise, having a sea view meant I also got the noise from bars and nightclubs at night, but again this is not the hotels fault. I think people forget that this is a 2* hotel, and for a 2* hotel I was very pleasantly surprised with everything.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Anna C
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night glad it was not longer reception staff no reciept given by the way of over priced sea view from better conditions on the beach my room was dirty so much dust you can write your name in they the uneven floor was like being on a boat at sea 3" gap under the door room very small and odd shape odd doors filthy wardrobe blankets on the bed in summer!!! the room we stopped in was at best a single not a double the room stocked of stail tobacco even had a ashtray in room !!!! parking is a nightmare as my husband is disabled very noisy outside and hotel we had no sleep and could not wate to get away never again found the lady on reception not very welcoming

• Stayed: July 2013