“Had a satisfactory stay, would probably look elsewhere next visit to Weymouth”
Review of Weymouth Beach B&B

Weymouth Beach B&B
Ranked #33 of 166 Weymouth B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Strange reception on arrival, kept waiting at the desk a long time and asked for full payment up front - expect they didn't want us absconding. Room was clean and spacious. Good quality ingredients at breakfast, but no flexibility with what you can have on your breakfast plate, eg beans instead of mushrooms etc. The owners are very polite people.

• Stayed: April 2013

Reviewed April 14, 2013

I was looking forward to a weekend away but was disappointed. I had read reviews prior to booking but am not sure where others stayed as the reviews did not match my experience of The Channel Guest House, Weymouth. I had a sea view, the room was a good size but dated with the bare essentials, no frills. Wood chip papered bathroom!!!!! I have recently stayed in a variety of hotels and B&B's and will return to those, but can honestly say I will not return to this one. We looked forward to breakfast and yes the bacon was lovely, but as previous reviews state, we were unable to chat and linger over breakfast. The owners were sweeping the tablecloths on the next table and laying it up for the following day as we were eating.The tables were every close together. The cup of tea was welcome on arrival, however check in took ages as did being shown our room. We had use of a shared fridge with 2 other rooms, which was the best service provided. All B&B's now provide fresh coffee for breakfast, not here, and the tray in the room carried bare essentials only, coffee,tea,milk( a very small jug in the fridge, not enough for 2 people, luckily my friend only drinks black coffee) no hot chocolate or packet of small biscuits. Luckily I take my own coffee and hot chocolate as extras usually. I believe the owners meant well but as one review said we also ate in Prezzo's and customer service there was faultless.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank JM C
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Although our holiday was spoiled by weather,must commend Mr Brian,for his warm reception and the feeling of a home away from home. Rooms are small,but value for money.. we only paid 240£ for 3 nights for 2 rooms... The bathrooms were spick and span, with high standard of cleaniliness maintained throughout...
The breakfast was good but could have done with some fresh fruits to the selection...The bus stop and the high street are a stone's throw away!
But would definitely stay here again if given a chance... value for money..right on the seafront

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Recently stayed for a couple of nights. Room was large but very dated. Agree with previous comments about noise of water pipes, woke me on several occasions. Some of the electrical appliances hadn't been tested since 2009.
Cramped breakfast room with small tables that couldn't fit everything on. The menu stated beans on toast, which when I asked for that got the reply of "we don't do beans"
Maybe amending the menu to what you do offer would be helpful.
However with all that said, the location was really good just a minute walk from the town centre and across the road for the beach.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Becki1602
Reviewed March 20, 2013

On arrival we were checked in very, very slowly and were asked to pay up in full before seeing the room. I wish we had insisted as although the room seemed fine on first view we were to find that it really was not up to a very good standard. One problem was that the waste pipes from the upstairs room ran through our room thus disturbing us everytime someone washed or showered.

The en suite bathroom was poor. Bathroom fittings were loose, so much so that a glass tumbler slid of the shelf into the sink and broke. The towel rail was loose, pipe work dirty, brick dust from a recent refitting of an extractor fan was still there and the shower tap was chipped . It appears that at some point an additional half round course tile edging had been fitted but never grouted in.

The shower cubicle had very restricted entry and anyone slightly larger that my self would have had difficulty in getting in to it at all.

The join between the hand basin and pedestal was very grimy and wallpaper was torn.

All in all we did not feel that it was terribly hygienic.

All these could easliy be addressed by simple maintenance and care. The problem of the waste pipes could easliy be remedied by boxing them in with some insulation.

We also have to agree with earlier comments about the number of rules and regulations that semed to get in the way of any customer service:

Limited check in times. - we were travelling from Scotland so our arrival time was likely to be hard to predict.
Limited breakfast times. Breakfast times 08.15 to 09.15. We arrived at 8.10 and were told that breakfast didn't start for another 5 minutes although the staff were there and waiting.
Limited checking out times.
The threat of one nights extra accomodation charge should you be tardy leaving or fail to return parking permit after 10.00 am on deparure.

Service was sadly lacking. At breakfast on our first day I mentioned to the manager that there had been no milk on the hopsitality tray in the room. He told me that it was in the fridge but as there was no fridge in our room I was confused. It would have helped if he had shown me the fridge in the corridor (behind a door) on our arrival and it was left to another guest to tell me where to find it. That being said, fresh milk provision is a nice idea.

We felt that we were part of a process and compliance with the needs of the staff was paramount. There appeared to be a complete disinterest in the guests and empathy was non existent.

Our disappoint was such that we checked out one day early and even though we informed the management why we were leaving there was no recognition of our concerns or offer of recompence (as stated in amongst the various instruction sheets around the hotel)

Room Tip: If any of the above comments are of concern avoid room 12
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank frank J
Reviewed March 10, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the channel B&B from 07-03-13 to 09-03-13,we enjoyed our stay very much,the room was a good size and had all the facilities you need,the breakfast was all locally produced and tasted really good.We stayed in a seaview room which looked right out onto the bay.all the staff where very welcoming and very helpful.

Room Tip: room 10 great sea views
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Just wanted to put a comment on here about this lovely hotel, my mum and I arrived last minute to see a poorly relative, we hopped the train from Manchester and turned up in Weymouth with nowhere to stay !!! I am so glad we found this lovely friendly hotel, nothing was too much trouble for the staff the breakfast was lovely each morning, the room was comfortable and very clean.
We even had lunch in their care (cafe Weymouth) which too was lovely and clean and served very nice food.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo