We stayed at the Channel Guesthouse for a week at the end of Aug. The guesthouse has a prime location on the sea front overlooking the beach of Weymouth Bay. It is just 5 mins walk from the railway station and the same from the main bus stops.
The older reviews of this guesthouse can be completely disregarded. The current owners have transformed the place and all the rooms have been re-decorated and painted in the past few months.
With a 3* establishment you're not going to expect luxury but the family room we stayed in surpassed my expectations...it was clean with modern furnishings rather than the old second-hand furniture you often find in similar establishments. The view from the window over the beach and the Bay was fantastic, day and night.
Noise wasn't an issue for us either, we slept well and, as a light sleeper, I was only woken once by noisy revellers around midnight..bear in mind we stayed the bank holiday weekend when you'd expect it to be noisy outside and we had the window open too because we like sleeping in a cool room.
Breakfast each morning was good and plentiful with a wide variety of options to choose from, all locally sourced!
The owners pride themselves on being the only guesthouse in Weymouth to have the Gold award for Green tourism. Their website is also very informative and they utilise social networking sites like Facebook and Twitter very well.
This is our second holiday to Weymouth. We stayed previously at the Wilton guesthouse just around the corner but, while that place was nice, I have to say that the Channel Guesthouse is a much nicer establishment.
If you can you should try and book a room with a sea view. Nothing better than waking up and seeing the sun rise over the Bay :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Weymouth Beach B&B is an exclusively adult only B&B sitting in the middle of Weymouth's glorious seafront overlooking the multi-award winning central beach offering panoramic views across Weymouth bay. We offer comfortable accommodation in a more homely style. Our award winning breakfast is something to look forward to with most of our ingredients carefully sourced from local farms and producers, and we offer more dishes than most, so you can have a full cooked breakfast, but also you can enjoy omelettes, American pancakes and 2 different fish dishes. Our aim is to ensure your stay with us is comfortable and relaxing, and something you'd like to repeat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Hotel.de so you can book your Weymouth Beach B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Channel Guest House Hotel Weymouth
- Weymouth Beach B&B Dorset