“Overpriced”
Review of The Dorothy Inn

The Dorothy Inn
Ranked #230 of 297 Restaurants in Weymouth
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Our B&B in Weymouth recommended this place to my friend and I, as it was new and had seemed popular with one of their previous guests. We ordered the seafood (fish) platter for 9.95 pounds but it wasn't anything great. The seafood (prawns, shrimp, crab, mackerel) was definitely fresh, but dampened by tiny pink shrimp that looked and tasted like they came out of one of those pre-packaged plastic containers. The sauces were very basic and did not highlight the seafood very well - mayonnaise and thousand island sauce. All in all it seemed like not a lot of effort had gone in to make the platter and I would definitely not have paid 9.95 pounds for it.

Then again, that was the only thing we ordered because we had eaten a big lunch. It is located on the main promenade along the sea, which provides a good view, to be sure.

Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

Myself my partner and 2 friends went here after being reconmend by another friend.
Staff were very helpful and friendly and the manager Harry was really helpful.
I had the surf and turf salad which was yummy, great portion size, fresh produce and tasty. My boyfriend and his mate had the mixed grill, lots of different meats, cooked to his liking and great produce used, the other diner had the chicken burger with bacon and BBQ sauce and she said it was delicious. Great service defo reconmend trying it out.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

ordered the catch of the day,Mackeral..Was under cooked with giblets still inside and bones.Was blood still in parts of fish and a very strong odour.. Told the waitress i was not happy,message sent to me via waitress from management that this is how locals cook their fish... Assumed i was a tourist.Stay away at all cost...