“Lovely”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 17, 2014

Great little restaurant. Really good service. Lovely bottle of red wine and good food. Steak cooked to perfection (for a man who is very fussy about his steak) and delicious crab pasta main. Exceptionally good banoffee pie for afters!

Reviewed July 14, 2014

Amazing service throughout the evening, wasn't rushed at all. Food was lovely and although they didn't have a few meal options after a busy weekend they still provided other options. Thoroughly recommend!!

Reviewed July 8, 2014

Superb food, relaxed atmosphere, good value. Food is most obviously fresh and cooked to an extremely high standard. Not the cheapest but worth every penny.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

Firstly, the service was friendly, and polite... If not a little too relaxed and informal.
My partner and I thought this would be a lovely place to have our brunch, with the promise of fresh local food enticing us.
The quality of the ingredients was fine, but poorly cooked and constructed.
I was brought the wrong dish, which to the credit of the kitchen was quickly rectified!
However, there was little to no seasoning on my, or my partners food.
And even though i had asked the server for some salt and pepper, it was never brought!
The toast was dry, and no butter offered.
My eggs were over cooked, and the hollandaise sauce was just about to split... luckily there was only about 2 tablespoons worth...

Finally asking for the bill, it arrived and I was surprised to discover that an extra meal costing £6.50 had been added to our table.
I brought this to the attention of the staff, who truly seemed to not care, and had little in the way of an apology to offer. ( She did however remove the mystery meal).

The only thing that was worth the money, was the coffee, excellent coffee!

3  Thank Serpicos43
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

We had such a lovely evening with our friends. I had monkey fish and they had a peppercorn souce steak , and two mussels with cider and bacon . Best I never had really enjoyed all the food was delicious and service was ok .. We definaly going back soon .

1  Thank martino24