“FANTASTIC One of...if not the best places in Weymouth.”
Review of The Monkey's Fist

The Monkey's Fist
Ranked #31 of 295 Restaurants in Weymouth
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 1, 2014

Amazing food cooked to perfection. Couldn't ask for anything to be done differently. The chefs worked very hard to make sure everyone was not waiting for their food. If that wasn't enough the food was displayed beautifully. The lamb was just how I asked very tender with the gratan potatoes. you could clearly see and taste that they were made fresh the same day. Thumbs up to the chefs. Also, the waitressing staff were very enthusiastic, polite and attentive. He really represented the business beautifully. We will be back again 100%

Reviewed April 29, 2014

Settled on this restaurant for our wedding anniversary meal and we were not disappointed! excellent food inc. my first taste of Gurnard plus excellent Lyme Bay Scallop dish. My wife loved the Rabbit Ravioli followed by Fish Pie. Small restaurant with a cosy ambience and friendly, attentive staff. Heartily recommended

Reviewed April 26, 2014

We as a Seafood company were deeply shocked to read the review of the 9th April 2014 regarding the Plaice, we absolutely have no need whatsoever to freeze any fish and never have, our fresh fish is sold out on a daily basis and we also export huge quantities to Europe so this way we are never left with old stock. Our customers rely on us to send them the freshest and best quality, this is why we are now entering our 53rd year in business! If you happen to know anything about a Plaice then you will also understand that at certain times of the year a Plaice will spawn and become much weaker than normal, this does not mean that they are inedible but can be skinny and a little poorer in quality, these particular fish could have been caught in the Bristol channel but landed in our local shores, each area has a different spawning cycle however they generally become weaker after spawning between March and April.

1  Thank SJ11SAM
Reviewed April 25, 2014

Fine dining with a friendly atmosphere. Nothing too much trouble! Our waiter was superb a real asset to front of house! Only sorry I don't have his name to add. Chef excellent and quality splendid this place is friendly fun quirky intimate with great food

1  Thank Tallulahhunnibun
Reviewed April 25, 2014

I was one of the 9 & I can not believe Arnold actually wrote the review he did. My meal was fantastic, as were most of the others. I had the scallops for starters & the venison for main, all cooked to perfection. My husband too had the plaice, it was not frozen or defrosted. Having owned a restaurant ourselves, we know how difficult it is when you are so dependant on suppliers. The chef was very apologetic, offered to cook something else, more than happy to take them off the bill, I do not know what else she could do.
I have been a few times before & will definitely go again. Lovely restaurant, great chef, great value for money.

2  Thank dohadaisy