“Good menu and nice location.Value for money.”
Review of Oasis Bistro & Wine Room - CLOSED

Oasis Bistro & Wine Room
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, British, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Nice restaurant in a great location, we went on a Saturday night and the restaurant was packed to the hilt and bustling downstairs. We had a table in the upstairs in the bay window which was nice( maybe a little cold and lacking the atmosphere downstairs if I was to be harsh. But the service was ok and the menus were brought to us quickly and efficiently. I had Scallops and the steak and my partner had the goats cheese and the fish chowder. The food was well cooked and the price`s was reasonable. Not bad for a harbour side restaurant. Would recommend this restaurant as a place to eat. (Maybe to be harsh the upstairs is a little tired and in need of some new carpets and decoration)

Reviewed March 11, 2013

every other odd Tuesday as it 5th, 19th etc, there is an jazz night, which was very entertaining. Great food, small menu, but local produce and still difficult to decide what to have when there is only 5 starters and mains to choose from, but three of each sounded great. Good value for money too. Would definately go there agin.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

We ate there when we found a nearby (better) restaurant closed at lunch time. Very poor selection of food. I had fish stew which was not unpleasant but very messy with prawns to shell. Pity they didnt think to supply wipes when they served this dish. My wife's dish was uninspiring and her glass of wine was past its best.

We were unlucky to go there when the new waitress was having her first service, She did not know what she was doing and she couldnt explain the construction of the bill so I showed her. Service was obviously very slow.

Despite the other reviewers comments, I would not waste my money and go there again. The are plenty of other restarants nearby.

1  Thank YeOldOne
onthepiste96, Owner at Oasis Bistro & Wine Room, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Nobody objects to sensible reviews that actually make sensible comments but this review is just unpleasant for the sake of it quite apart from being factually incorrect: The fish stew is served with a finger bowl and serviettes; it has prawns in it which do need peeling. All our by the glass wines are preserved using the Vac-u-vin system and are never served "past their best". Our menu is indeed short-ish, only about 7 mains and 8 starters, this way we can ensure everything we use is fresh. The waitress may have been flustered at your aggression.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

My wife and I have just returned from Weymouth having had lunch at The Oasis Bistro & Wine Bar(not to be confused with the Oasis Bistro) We were well received in a very warm environment, it was + 1 celsius and a strong easterly wind, The food and wine was excellent value for money. We will certainly be back when we visit Weymouth again. It is afterall only 16 miles away. Well done

Reviewed February 18, 2013

We didnt find this relatively new bistro on Tripadvisor as its only had 3 previous reviews but I am sure it will rocket up the list.
The place is small, and obviously freshly decorated the atmosphere was friendly and relaxed with a nice buzz. We ordered our wine and starters and sat back and relaxed....wine arrived and was very nice. A little while later an embarrassed young man came to apologise as he had forgotten to place our order with the kitchen (We wont tell them your name Findlay), We didnt care we were enjoying ourselves. When the food arrived it was brilliant (start with the seafood platter for 2). The main course arrived promptly as did another bottle of wine and we had a great evening. I dont make a habit of encouraging establishments to put up their prices but quality far outweighed price.