“Terrible”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
“Terrible”
Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

Myself and partner needed breakfast. Had been in here last year and it was okay then so we thought we'd give it another go.
Two bacon sandwiches and two drinks for over a tenner.. Not cheap. I've had better sandwiches from greasy butty vans - cheap nasty bacon, and value sliced bread.. It was terrible.

3 Thank DOCT3R

DT5 Portland
“Be careful”
Reviewed January 30, 2014

If you are going in for one of their most excellent all daybreakfasts be careful to specify exactly which one. Winter specials @ £3.99 standard or £4.99 large with a drink included, or one from the fixed menu which costst £6.10 with a drink.
Today I ordered a 'small breakfast'. A big one came but a non confrontational sort of chap I thought he might have not heard me clearly so accepted it as ok at £4.99. It turned out to be the £6.10 version when I came to pay.
Sorry. Excellent food but as a locally resident OAP I can't afford to take the chance again - only went there because 'Jacks Cafe' was full up... !

• Visited January 2014
3 Thank Roy H
Minehead, United Kingdom
“So impressed we visited it three times in one day.”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

On arriving in Weymouth for our day trip we were parched and needed a cuppa. imagine our surprise to find the little gem known as the Sandcastle café. It's beautifully decorated in traditional seaside colours and has a very warm and relaxing atmosphere. it's spotlessly clean and we were greeted by a very friendly staff member who took our drinks order. Our tea and coffee arrived quickly and it was lovely that although they were very busy they still took time out to chat with us and make sure everything was ok. Later on that day we decided to return for our lunch. I had the freshly battered cod and chips, which I would highly recommend. such light crispy batter it's making my mouth water just thinking about it now. My hubby had the steak and ale pudding and chips which he also thoroughly enjoyed. After doing a bit of shopping and having a long stroll along the promenade to walk our lunch off I persuaded my hubby we really needed to have a cream tea to finish off our traditional seaside day out, back to the sandcastle café we went and boy was I so pleased he agreed. It was absolutely amazing all served very nicely on a two tier cake stand and with the same friendly service we had received on the previous two visits. Don't know when our next visit to Weymouth will be but I do know where we will be eating when we do return.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank 68bettyboop
Minehead, somerset
“Warm friendly welcome”
Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

What a lovely little cafe with such a warm welcome on a chilly Tuesday afternoon. Popped to Weymouth for a catch up with some friends and visited the cafe for a well deserved cream tea after some shopping. Lovely friendly middle aged couple who offered service with a smile with a lovely pot of tea for two and our lush scones, jam and cream......yum yum. Very happy and tipped accordingly, will be back very soon for lunch next time. Excellent!

Visited November 2013
1 Thank lez24
Exeter, Devon
“Not impressed”
Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

The front doors were wide open, not necessarily inviting on a November morning and they weren't offers to be shut despite us entering..(there was no one else inside)
The chap was pleasant and immediately offered a drink. I had a cup of tea my partner a bottled
Apple juice, unfortunately the tea tasted horrible - almost medical. We chose an 8 item breakfast each (pre set) for £12 this consisted of toast or fried bread half a tomato, an egg,about a tablespoon of baked beans a sausage, a piece of bacon and TWO tiny button like mushrooms. All of this was lukewarm - we were asked if everything was ok but I didn't want to start or I wouldn't have stopped and it was the start of the day. We went here as seemed
to be well rated on Trip Advisor - I have never been so badly let down by TA before! Pants I'm afraid and wouldn't recommend this place to anyone and certainly wouldn't go again.Sorry mate you seemed
nice but everything else was a negative I'm afraid! :(