“A must for pie lovers” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Handmade Pie & Ale House

The Handmade Pie & Ale House
Ranked #6 of 277 Restaurants in Weymouth
Cuisines: Bar, Pub, British
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: We, at our National British Pie Award winning Handmade Pie & Ale House are setting out to create the most premium of pies and to serve the most traditional, tastiest constantly changing ales, of which we always have some local and some from various parts of the country. We now have up to six to choose from and you are always welcome to have a FREE try before you buy!! We are proud to have our beautifully renovated old restaurant / bar where you can sit, enjoy and take in the charming surroundings whilst being looked after by our lovely caring staff and you can eat drink and be merry. Our pies are lovingly made by us, by hand, in our open-plan pie kitchen (where you can also see them being made!) With our homemade pastry and homemade fillings, no two pies are ever the same. We are constantly making our pies fresh from a selection of over 38 different flavours - we even make our own low calorie 'smart pies' and of course several vegetarian options. Also, if for some reason you don't fancy one of our multi award winning pies, we even have a NON PIE menu, which, believe it or not is called the 'We Don't Just Do Pies' menu! This has an ever changing variety of good old home cooking favourites and specialty boards, such as a meat & cheese sharer, our own crispy chicken wings, our own homemade gooey Brie Wedges in Panko breadcrumbs and 1/2 a rotisserie chicken on a board! Plus good old proper relaxing Sunday lunches, with roast leg of lamb, aged Scottish beef, stuffed rolled crispy belly pork etc. Not hungry? Alternatively, if you prefer just come and enjoy a drink in our beautiful bar and just have a good old piece of free hospitality on the side.......
London, United Kingdom
“A must for pie lovers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

This is a great place for pies. At first I was a bit worried about the large variety of pies on the website, thinking that the pies must be frozen and then reheated. In fact, there are only around twelve types of freshly made pies available each day and as each type gets sold out, there are fewer varieties available at dinner time. Each pie is freshly baked while one waits. I had the Aussie steak pie (which had nice chunks of steak in a slightly cheesy sauce) and my wife had the Spanish chicken (with bits of chorizo) - both were excellent. The accompanying chips were very good too - crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside.

Hoddesdon, United Kingdom
“Dinner 14/09/2013”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

Had an absolutely lovely meal last Saturday night, never been so tempted by so many different pies. Quality of the food was excellent and the staff couldn't have been more accommodating with our 18 month old boy, Lisa looked after us brilliantly.

Can't wait to go back and try one of the other pies!

Dan & Claire

Brighton, United Kingdom
“Superb 1st meal out in Weymouth”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

I always find it difficult when visiting somewhere for the first time knowing where to eat. I used tripadvisor and found the Handmande Pie and Ale House and took a chance.

I'm very glad I did. Superb food, brilliant service (thanks Lisa and Sophie) and a lovely ambiance/setting.

I will advise anyone I know visiting Weymouth to pay a visit.

• Visited September 2013
“Great food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

My son wanted to go here for his 21st and we weren't disappointed. They decorated the table with stars and balloons and were happy to bring out his cake at the end. The pies were delicious and the chips were amazing. Despite being very short staffed we didn't feel neglected and neither did we wait too long to eat. Our waitress Lisa was brilliant. Despite being the only person downstairs with a full pubs she looked after us extremely well. Can't wait to go back.

Northamptonshire England
“Very good meal but the drinks a bit pricey”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

I felt a bit disappointed when I saw my meal as the size of the pie I had looked quite small, but it was very well made and quite filing. Overall the meal was very good and I have no complaints. The drinks were a bit pricey but not too much that it would put me off going again.