“Relax whilst your kids have endless fun!”
Review of Sharkys Cafe Bar

Sharkys Cafe Bar
Ranked #164 of 291 Restaurants in Weymouth
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed December 30, 2013

I love taking my son here. Even though he is an only child, he always finds someone to play with. There are many different sections to the play area - slides, climbing areas, ball pools, an under 5s bit. Whilst your child plays, relax with a cuppa - the hot chocolate there is great with Marshmallows. My son always complains when I say to him "five more minutes"... a sign of having had a good time.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

We as a family love this place. Somewhere to be able to have a good bit to eat and let kids run free. Very reasonably priced.
Myself and husband had used sharkys for many years and always had a good hearty breakfast. We visited several time over the week commencing 30/09/2013 and had no problems.
Play area is brilliant for kids to let of some steam.
One thing I did miss was the jumbo sausages that used to come on the breakfast instead of the two small ones.
Will be using them again when next in area.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

We came to Weymouth on Holiday and found Sharkys by chance! The kids loved the huge softplay area whilst we had cake and tea. (Best Apple cake I have ever had!!) All the cakes and specials are made on the premises in the open kitchen. We also had a session on the fantanstic slotcar track upstairs! took me right back to my childhood days with my scalextric!
The staff are all very cheerful and polite and although the place was very busy and noisy we really enjoyed our visit. I would imagine it gets very busy if it rains as it is very close to the beach and town!

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Situated right on the harbour's edge, this place is ideally located. I was really looking forward to having Dorset apple cake and a cup of tea at Sharkys which we'd planned for the last day of our holiday. I went in to order, not overly friendly reception by the man who served me and it wasn't as though it was busy. He told me he'd bring it out to me so I joined my family outside in the glorious sunshine to watch the boats go by. All the tables were covered in dirty cups and plates so I started to clear our chosen table myself. Really disappointing that the young waiter walked past me watching me do it and didn't offer to take over, he just went back inside empty handed! Having said that, the cake and tea was lovely and the cooked breakfasts that the people next to us were having looked lovely. Such a shame as I wouldn't go back due to the service. :(

Reviewed September 1, 2013

This isn't the sort of place you might choose to go to for a nice cream tea or piece of cake but it is in fact excellent.
Had to be persuaded to try this a couple of years ago as I had judged the book by it's cover but the specials on the board (cream tea ,dorset apple cake) are really good . excellent value for money (£2.95) and delicious . apple cake is to die for and is freshly made on the premises , I know , I saw it .
Can't comment on any of it's other facilities because I have only ever sat outside and had the above mentioned . One tip , ask for your tea in a pot and not made in the mug.
Give it a try.