“Chocolate Brownies to die for”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Weymouth Bakery - CLOSED

Weymouth Bakery
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Seating
Dining options: Breakfast, Seating
Poole, United Kingdom
“Chocolate Brownies to die for”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

Whilst visiting the Dorset Seafood Festival we were given a sample of bread from the Phoenix Bakery and thought it was very good indeed. We overheard a lady say that she knew the bakery and that they sell very good brownies so we decided to explore it.

The bakery has an interesting shop window full of lovely and unusual items including Guinness and apple bread topped with cheese.

There is also a cafe upstairs but you can buy items to take away from the bakery including coffee.

We chose chocolate brownies and a Foccacia tart. The items were not cheap £2 for a brownie and £3 for the Foccacia but you do get what you pay for and the brownies did not disappoint, they were the best I have ever eaten, the middle was so gooey and chocolately.

Well worth a visit. Staff friendly and helpful and the bakers are constantly bringing out freshly cooked items

• Visited July 2013

London
“Best sourdough ever - The Phoenix Bakery Weymouth”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

If you are ever in the Weymouth area do visit the Phoenix Bakery Weymouth they do the best sourdough bread we have ever tried and the other breads are great too. If you have time stop for a drink in the upstairs cafe and try one of their hand-made treats. Despite having been rushed off their feet over the Easter weekend the baker, Aidan Chapman, still had time to chat to us and share his passion for bread and a few tips. The services was very friendly and helpful. We will definitely be visiting again.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank LondonAvisitor
Weymouth, United Kingdom
“Sun nov 4th”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

This place must have a big cleanup. Filthy. Disappointing. I very rarely get a Sunday off so a stroll oaths lovely day was in order. It was empty when I arrived so I would have thought the tables could at the very least have been wiped and cleared and when did they last sweep the floor.

• Visited November 2012
Poole, United Kingdom
“Bread in Weymouth”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

Been going here for bread for a couple of years and coffee/cake staff need to be trained on hygine.
We allways when going past buy our bread here not cheap but good quality.
What I dont like is the bread is picked up by staff with bear hands and then take the money and give you change.

• Visited August 2012
3 Thank david h
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Eccles Cakes ... poor service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

I love this shop, love the cakes and breads and quiches - the food is wonderful. However, everytime I have gone in there I have come away feeling that the staff behind the counter felt they were doing me a favour. I always enter this shop full of expectation and enthusiasm and like to express my admiration for their goods - but on each occasion this has been met with stonewall silence which is a shame really as their Eccles cakes are to die for.... chin up chicks and invest in some customer service you never know where it will lead! Sorry this is the review more for the shop than the restaurant, but my experience in the shop put me off going into the restaurant.

• Visited August 2012