“Scones to die for”
Review of Stanleys

Stanleys
Ranked #1 of 15 Coffee & Tea in Weymouth
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Stanleys will no longer be able to reply to your reviews but would like to thank you all for your past and continued support.
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I am by all accounts a bit of a sweet tooth! I read about the scones being lovely so tried some for lunch with jam and butter- they came warm and were lovely.. My friend had a toasted sandwich that he really enjoyed too. Will be back. ..

SIvesWeymouth, Owner at Stanleys, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Thank you for your very kind review and I am delighted you enjoyed your visit, I make the scones on the premises' my days start quite early.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Stanley's is the perfect place to rest awhile and enjoy a refreshing cup of Tea or Coffee.
Four of us did just that while out shopping in Weymouth.
Although very busy we were served with great charm and admirable efficiency by the sole member of staff we encountered.
I recall joking with her if she could serve everyone by herself?
To which my wife commented "Of course She can, She's a Woman"

Point Made - Point Taken :)

Seriously, If you visit Stanley's, I'm confident you'll be impressed!

1  Thank C A
SIvesWeymouth, Owner at Stanleys, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Thank you for your kind review' and I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your visit to Stanleys.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

We stopped off at this little coffee shop, whilst wandering through the Weymouth shops. Stanley's looks looks inviting from the outside, and is followed through into the interior. The staff member who served us, cake, scones and coffee, was warm and welcoming. Cakes and scones tasted delicious, and were reasonably priced. Coffee was fresh, aromatic and clearly good quality. Stanley's itself was clean and had a bright, refreshing presentation. Should I live in Weymouth, I'm sure I'd be a regular!

1  Thank ekwhite

Thank you for your review. I reopened Stanleys over a year ago and have endeavoured to create a haven from the rigours of the day where customers can unwind relax and have good food, noting that I am the only coffee shop in this area serving free range and fair trade produce.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Forget Costa or Starbucks, this is the place to be!!! ...Traditional, lovely, classy, and the foods/drinks are simply divine, would recommend this place to anybody and everybody, absolutely fantastic!

SIvesWeymouth, Owner at Stanleys, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Thank you for this wonderful review, at Stanleys we try offer not only free range and fair trade produce but also a warm friendly welcoming atmosphere and this seems to be well received, so thank you again.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

We visited Stanley's while on a day trip to Weymouth on Wednesday 14th August 2013. We managed to pick one of the few wet days and decided to take shelter in Stanley's. My wife is a connoisseur of the traditional tea room standard of "the cream tea" and rated the experience as "the best cream tea I've had." This is no mean compliment. My wife's judging of any scones is influenced by her lifetime quest for the perfect recipe - which she found after many years of searching and now uses constantly. I agree 100% with her assessment: the scones were perfectly baked, the portions of jam, butter and cream were generous, the service was fast and friendly and the tea was hot and freshly made. So we would thoroughly recommend Stanley's and will visit again next time we are in Weymouth,

1  Thank frankmemo
SIvesWeymouth, Owner at Stanleys, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Thank you for your very kind review I am delighted that you enjoyed my cream tea, I make the scones on site and use local clotted cream from Craig's Dairy of Weymouth.