“Ba fishing trip 2 nd July”
Review of Sailors Return

Sailors Return
Ranked #138 of 165 Weymouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Suitable for a bunch of guys that enjoy their breakfast and beer as much as their fishing. Both Vicki's and Donna friendly and helpful, excellent breakfasts, good beer and convienient early opening for fishermen, great location for fishing boats.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Sailorsreturn, Owner at Sailors Return, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Thank you for your time in leaving a review

There are newer reviews for Sailors Return

Reviewed May 7, 2013

It's old. it's cheap. It's noisy and it's right beside the harbour. If you are fishing from Weymouth, the sailors Return is the epicentre of the charter boat industry. Skippers meet in here for breakfast and have a pint here at the end of the day.

Rooms are cheap and basic. Breakfast is fine. Beer is good. staff are flexible, welcoming and accomodating. No frills and does what it says on the tin. Friday was karaoke night. Saturday had a rock band blaring. Both went on until after midnight - but I knew about them in advance.

If you want frills, fine dining and pampering - book elsewhere and pay double.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Spurdog
Sailorsreturn, Owner at Sailors Return, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Thank you for taking the time in leaving us a review. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Vicki B, Vicki and Donna are great, very helpful and very friendly. We stay regularly as its a great location and you can even see the bridge go up and down! Above all though its about the team who run the place as they make it. Rooms are fine for us guys but too tired for a romantic weekend!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Sailorsreturn, Owner at Sailors Return, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2013

Thank you for leaving a review. We do have the best staff always on hand to help.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

I've got nothing but good things to say about my stay in the Sailors Return. The rooms are inexpensive, and well equipped: there's free wifi that works well, tea and coffee facilities, and the showers and heating are absolutely fine despite what the "Nicola R" review elsewhere on this site might say!

The best thing though is definitely the attitude of the people that work there: incredibly friendly, faultlessly helpful, and always welcoming! I recently booked two days' boatfishing over the Easter break, only to find them cancelled the day before. Fortunately The Sailors Return were happy to move my booking to a future date at no cost, even though I'd basically taken up their chance of a booking only a couple of days before Easter Friday! In the morning they were happy to make my breakfast earlier than usual to accommodate an early start, and when I recently popped in one morning for a bite of breakfast, they recognised me despite having only stayed with them once, and promptly handed back some property I hadn't even realised I'd left in the room!

All in all I'd say you can't do better as long as you don't mind the fact it IS a pub, and does cater to locals and anglers as well as holidaymakers. If that doesn't put you off then you won't do better in Weymouth! Best wishes, Tim Howe, Bristol

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Tim_H0we
Sailorsreturn, Owner at Sailors Return, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Thank you very much for your review. We love happy customers and do our best to make there stay enjoyable. I'm glad yours was. Look forward to seeing you again on your next stay. I'm pleased your folder found its way back to you.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

We Stayed at the Sailors return in weymouth this weekend and what a fabulous weekend it was,great location very friendly staff and locals made to feel very welcome and will definately be staying there again even the poor weather didn't spoil our stay there. I would recomend this pub to anyone.
Paul Kingand Stella Coleman

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kinger47

Paul and Stella Thank you for leaving us a review, were pleased your stay was enjoyable. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

It's taken me a while to review this establishment as I am still annoyed but want to write a balanced account of what I can only describe as 'a truly horrible experience'. We arrived in the early evening of a very wet and windy day and the pub was packed with fishermen. The place was really warm and once the manager was able to deal with us, we had a warm welcome but had a minor problem with the booking. It started to go downhill from there on as the room, which was adequate, was extremely cold. On such a miserable day the window had been left open and the heating wasn't working. I really needed a shower but it was impossible(I have serious health problems) as room was too cold. I informed the manager of the heating and my health problems and he assured me that it would be fixed that evening. I went into the town as the rain had eased off and returned to the pub after it had closed. Being a little annoyed I had drunk too much and should have done things differently. However, when I returned to the room the heating still wasn't working and it was even colder than earlier. I was furious and as a 24 hour emergency number was given I called it. That was a mistake as they obviously didn't expect anyone to call it. I regret being abusive, particularly to his wife, but felt that the manager had not been straight and honest. I ended up sleeping in my clothes and may as well have been in a tent.
The following morning I woke to find the heating was still off and a shower was again out of the question. The manager had an engineer looking at the boiler etc but I wondered about his credentials. They were trying to run a pub with b & b rooms from a domestic combi boiler. I worked in the gas industry and knew that was impossible and, in fact, dangerous. The manager promised a portable heater but it was not forthcoming. By now, I am furious as I don't like being lied to. There was absolutely no way I was going to stay there any longer and my friend paid for the night. We weren't offered breakfast but I would have choked on it-I couldn't wait to get away. If the manager had been honest from the start I could have accepted it but he continued to fob me off with promises that he failed to keep.
I was so annoyed and upset that I wanted to return home and not stay anywhere. The break was completely ruined by his attitude; what made it worse is that he seemed a genuinely nice guy. He should understand that honesty is the best policy-it is as far as I am concerned.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Nicola R
Jacksi1, Owner at Sailors Return, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

I would like someone from trip advisor to contact us immediately regarding this review. This guest was very abusive to ourselves and our staff. Due to her drunk state everything was done to please her heating issue was sort at a high cost to ourselves as had to call an engineer out of hours to fix. This review is also slanderous as I have all certificate from authorities passing our boiler. Would like it removed. our number is 01305 773377

Reviewed March 4, 2013

we stayed over a lonmg weekend and had a very good time Dan took our booking the staff were very helpful and friendy
Breakfast was very good
Entertainment on all 3 nights we stayed werew very good
locals were very friendly
very close to town and not far from the beach all within walking distant

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank catherinecard

Thank you for leaving a reply for us. I'm glad we could help make your Silver Anniversary one to remember. Hope you will come back and stay with us again.