“Amazeballs”

Ranked #2 of 292 Restaurants in Weymouth
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

Have been to manbo's twice now and highly recommend! Have had 3 courses both times and each and every course was perfect. We went for our Christmas doo and we could not have chosen a better place !!

Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

Went at lunchtime and were the only customers - hence the low score for atmosphere. Was given the impression that no customers had been expected and the service was extremely slow (I suspect that this was mainly because one of the staff was sent to Tesco to buy an ingredient needed for our meal!). However the food when it came was excellent and almost worth the wait. Let down again by drinks served with one cube of ice and tasting as though they'd been poured from a bottle that had been open a bit too long.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

On entering Manbo’s my wife and I were greeted by a mouth-watering warm smell of Mediterranean food being prepared in the open kitchen at the end of the eating area. Husband and wife team Mandy and Bob (hence the name Manbo’s) run the kitchen and their daughter serves the 30 or so covers in this small restaurant. This trio served us excellent food in a subdued ambience with cheery smiles. My Broccoli and Stilton soup was hot and perfectly seasoned whilst my wife had scallops with a spicy sauce - not overpowering the scallops but spicy enough to be interesting. My main course of Sea Bass came as two large fillets (many restaurants would have served just one) and my wife’s chicken dish was generous and cooked perfectly. We shared a cheeseboard which was just as well as neither of us could have finished the cheeses and biscuits served on our own. This excellent meal was enjoyed with an Australian white wine. The wine list only has nine choices plus two fizzy and three house wines but our choice went perfectly with the meal. A highly recommended experience and possibly the best meal we have eaten in Weymouth this year.

1  Thank Dorset_Food_Fan
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Visited today based on previous reviews and wasn't disappointed. Very friendly welcome by the waitress. The chilli cream scallops were very tasty and the steak and blue cheese 'Hoagie' was delicious. We also had the baked Camembert which was much more than a 'lite bite'. Better sold as a starter to share but still beautifully flavoured with garlic and rosemary. Washed down with a very reasonable bottle of Rioja we would love to come back and have an evening meal next time we're in the area.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Had a Birthday meal here on the weekend. Had mixed reviews from the group on their food, I had the scallops (recommend) and then steak... asked for medium and was well done and a little tough but overall was pleased with mine, the mushroom sauce with the steak was lovely. The ones not so happy would have been those that had the Chicken & Chorizo pasta and Seafood Pasta, found it a little boring and water like, in fact my partners words on his pasta was "nothing I couldn't have done myself at home". Overall though the 12 of us enjoyed it and will visit again I am sure.