“Bad premier hotel”

Premier Inn Weymouth Seafront Hotel
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Weymouth
Reviewed April 22, 2014

It has the longest corridor I have seen in a hotel & we wereat the very end not good when you are disabled but the hotel was full so we could not change rooms
Will never go there againplus too far out to walk into weymouth

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Weymouth Seafront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we endeavour to ensure all our guests have a quiet stay in a comfortable environment and do apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please be assured your comments has been noted and will be followed up with the Management Team at our hotel. Your feedback is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

I love premier inns however on this occasion the premier ind did not achieve the normal high standards.

I checked in travelling as a single women with 3 children, one being a baby. I was told I had been put in a room on the first floor and there was no lift. All ground floor rooms had been allocated to families who had requested to be together. I was told I should have telephoned the hotel in advance and requested a ground floor room. When I booked I did not know there was no lift and this has never happened to me in any of the times I have been to the premier inn. The reception did try and help me but it was a nightmare having to leave the children including a baby in reception alone while I lugged everything from the car to the room. we had to leave the pushchair under the stairs and wake up the baby to take him to the room which caused tears for atleast 30 mins. I had no offer of help on departure which was equally a nightmare.

It is 30mins walk to the main seafront with young children so not worth paying the premium to stay there. Also the restaurant next door is very busy and the service is not very good.

I have complained to the premier inn and this is my first ever complain on a premier inn. If you build a large hotel then put a lift inn for the customers and staff sake.

The rooms were the normally high standard and the staff were nice as always.(however they are a little defensive when you mention the fact there is no lift)

Room Tip: Ground floor if you have children
1  Thank Harding1000

Reviewed April 21, 2014

stayed for 3 nights with wife and 2 grandchildren, on first night all woken up at about 4.30 am by car alarm which did not stop till at least 9.30 am when the guest was found, although was told by night staff that the car was not registered and couldn't find owner the morning staff had no problem finding them'
the rest of the stay was excellent with friendly and very helpful staff

Room Tip: please register your car
Reviewed April 20, 2014

A pleasant stay with the family. Clean rooms a little bit of a squeeze with the two extra children's beds in what is a typical double room. Less than 5 minutes walk to the seafront....and a further brisk 10 min walk to Weymouth along the promenade - kids enjoyed scooting along! Overall enjoyed our stay and would return.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 19, 2014

Used as a stopover for a friend's anniversary. Close to the seafront. Room clean, staff friendly. Value fair for location. Only drawbacks were the noise from guests leaving the room above very early in the morning and a basic size double bed. (Not king-size). I am a disabled client and the room was fine for wheelchair use.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Easy walk along promenade to town. Otherwise typical Premier Inn but higher than usual prices. Good night sleep despite location. Beware there is no lift to 1st floor but staff will help carry heavy luggage. Only one uncomfortable upright chair in the room. Would rank as "Good" if this choice was available.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 14, 2014

This Premier Inn in my opinion was well located. We had a one night stay as part of a tour of the West Country. There was a small hiccup at check in as we had booked a triple room and was allocated a double bed and single. I was impressed with the way the staff handled this and they came up with a solution.
There is a Brewers Fayre on sight and the hotel is just over the road from the sea. For a budget chain hotel I thought this was off a good standard. There was a large car park and I think you would ideally need a car here as it would be a fairly long walk to the Town centre and railway station.

• Stayed: April 2014