“No Lift and not by the seafront”

Premier Inn Weymouth Seafront Hotel
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Weymouth
Reviewed April 22, 2014

I love premier inns however on this occasion the premier ind did not achieve the normal high standards.

I checked in travelling as a single women with 3 children, one being a baby. I was told I had been put in a room on the first floor and there was no lift. All ground floor rooms had been allocated to families who had requested to be together. I was told I should have telephoned the hotel in advance and requested a ground floor room. When I booked I did not know there was no lift and this has never happened to me in any of the times I have been to the premier inn. The reception did try and help me but it was a nightmare having to leave the children including a baby in reception alone while I lugged everything from the car to the room. we had to leave the pushchair under the stairs and wake up the baby to take him to the room which caused tears for atleast 30 mins. I had no offer of help on departure which was equally a nightmare.

It is 30mins walk to the main seafront with young children so not worth paying the premium to stay there. Also the restaurant next door is very busy and the service is not very good.

I have complained to the premier inn and this is my first ever complain on a premier inn. If you build a large hotel then put a lift inn for the customers and staff sake.

The rooms were the normally high standard and the staff were nice as always.(however they are a little defensive when you mention the fact there is no lift)

Room Tip: Ground floor if you have children
1  Thank Harding1000
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Weymouth Seafront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we endeavour to ensure all our guests have a quiet stay in a comfortable environment and do apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please be assured your comments has been noted and will be followed up with the Management Team at our hotel. Your feedback is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

stayed for 3 nights with wife and 2 grandchildren, on first night all woken up at about 4.30 am by car alarm which did not stop till at least 9.30 am when the guest was found, although was told by night staff that the car was not registered and couldn't find owner the morning staff had no problem finding them'
the rest of the stay was excellent with friendly and very helpful staff

Room Tip: please register your car
Reviewed April 20, 2014

A pleasant stay with the family. Clean rooms a little bit of a squeeze with the two extra children's beds in what is a typical double room. Less than 5 minutes walk to the seafront....and a further brisk 10 min walk to Weymouth along the promenade - kids enjoyed scooting along! Overall enjoyed our stay and would return.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 19, 2014

Used as a stopover for a friend's anniversary. Close to the seafront. Room clean, staff friendly. Value fair for location. Only drawbacks were the noise from guests leaving the room above very early in the morning and a basic size double bed. (Not king-size). I am a disabled client and the room was fine for wheelchair use.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Easy walk along promenade to town. Otherwise typical Premier Inn but higher than usual prices. Good night sleep despite location. Beware there is no lift to 1st floor but staff will help carry heavy luggage. Only one uncomfortable upright chair in the room. Would rank as "Good" if this choice was available.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 14, 2014

This Premier Inn in my opinion was well located. We had a one night stay as part of a tour of the West Country. There was a small hiccup at check in as we had booked a triple room and was allocated a double bed and single. I was impressed with the way the staff handled this and they came up with a solution.
There is a Brewers Fayre on sight and the hotel is just over the road from the sea. For a budget chain hotel I thought this was off a good standard. There was a large car park and I think you would ideally need a car here as it would be a fairly long walk to the Town centre and railway station.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Paul C
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Don’t be fooled by the name Premier Inn Weymouth Seafront. It’s like an estate agent’s lie; two I have seen recently: ‘New apartments in Borough a few minutes walk to London’s vibrant West End’ and ‘You can afford to live in London; come and view our new development in Stepney’.

This hotel is not on the seafront, it is near to the seafront. Between the Inn and the seafront you will find:
A pub car park
A pub
Some gardens
A path
A busy road taking traffic into and out of Weymouth
Some more gardens
A beach hut area with sand pit and paddling pool (closed)
Another path
A promenade
Then you get to an artificial stony beach. From there you can look south west and see Weymouth curving around towards to horizon.

So it is not on the sea front. But it is exceptionally well positioned for Weymouth Sea World and coach park as it shares the same site.

I guess all Premiere Inns are the same? This looks like it has recently had a new coat of purple and nearly white paint. It is bright, clean and comfortable.

Corridors are narrow which makes negotiating the walk to the room with a pram interesting; oncoming traffic in the form of other prams (it is popular with families) or a chamber maid’s trolley coming the other way must be considered with care.

Our family room was not very big, I suspect it was a normal sized double room with a fold-away single bed wedged in. As it happens the foldaway bed was very comfortable as was the oddly high double bed. The room was quiet (I suspect that most, if not all of them are) and pleasant. Everything seems to work and once you have had your allowance of two tea bags you can go to reception to help yourself to more; an odd system probably to help the staff more than the guests, still it gets you away from the new flat screen TV with about half of the normal DTV channels that you get inland.

The staff were really friendly, they couldn't do enough for us and were always inquiring as to our well-being. There is plenty of opportunity to engage with them when collecting more tea and coffee.

In the morning I found a newsagent that was no more than ten minutes walkway to get the papers.

The Inn is connected to the pub opposite; The Lodmoor. It’s a family place that you take breakfast in if you’re on B&B. Friendly if overworked staff, well set up for kids and dealing with the Premiere Inn crowd, but the food was simply bad. I’ll leave that there.
If you don’t want to eat in the The Lodmoor then you’ll be walking 20 mins+ into Weymouth to find an alternative.

I haven’t stayed in one of these places since they were Travel Inns. I would go back to this one for the same reason as I went on this occasion, outside of B&Bs there is little choice in Weymouth (which probably explains the not so small price).

2  Thank swiftus