The Old Manor House
Russell Hotel(Weymouth)
TripAdvisor
  • Beachfront
Windsor Hotel(Weymouth)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 12, 2013

We were very pleased with the room clean and bright, During our brief stay (only one night) Helen & Dave went to great lengths to ensure we enjoyed our stay, even driving us to the local pub for an evening meal and collecting us later in the evening,now that is what I call giving a service to your clients. Breakfast was arranged early for us without any fuss as we had a ferry to catch. All in all a good place to stay and we would not hesitate to go there again. Only negative we encountered was the lack of hot water in the bathroom but I am sure this was only a technicle glitch and did not detract from our pleasure .

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RElli0tt
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Don't understand the review that one of the past clients said about the landlady as she was the perfect host and also she does not give a bill so how could she snatch it back.

I will be going again in 2 weeks as we have been there 3 time and love it, if you are going to Weymouth then this is the place you want to stay and don't forget to say hi to Tramp.

Room Tip: All the rooms are very well furnished and have a good look at the website before you book that way you can choose the room you want.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 24, 2013

I stayed in this hotel at the end of August. room was nice & clean with a nice tea selection & toiletries. Couple who run it, are very pleasant & make you feel welcome & looked after. Breakfast is nice & cosy. I enjoyed the antique decor & their little dog is adorable. Very much enjoyed staying here, even so that I recommended it to my mum. I will defiantly stay again.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

Stayed from 16/09 to 21/09 and had room 1 which was lovely and clean. Better than some b&b I've stayed at and couldn't fault the breakfast. The only problem i had was room not warm enough and coming in each day wet added to the problem. Helen and Dave tried to resolve this by offering me a hot water bottle and heater ( which set smoke alarm off) and it was finally resolved by putting heating on. Maybe offering breakfast before 8am would help people who have an early start but overall my stay was very good and i found Tramp very well behaved and adorable.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank suemcmullen
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Booked on laterooms after waiting 3 days to receive an acknowledgement of email sent direct to hotel and time was ticking. ..
Then landlady insisted i had booked twin instead of double then had to back down and apologise.
Upon arrival was met by a dog, not a problem but could be if you didnt like dogs.
Landylady was rather standoffish and just grunted and walked into a room picked up a key and said "this way".
Was left sat in the breakfast room for over 5 minutes the following morning before she just sauntered in and went "oh, did you want breakfast?" We had 2 full english breakfasts which were delivered with bright yellow oily gunk all over the egg white which tasted disgusting. My partner emptied a load of ketchup on his to try and overcome the taste but to no avail.
Once we paid we were in mid converaation with her about the room mix up when someone else arrived to check out. She just ignored us and snatched the key out of this poor old gents hand with one hand while grabbing his bill with the other and barking at him how much he owed.

Overall then, lovely house, convenient location for touring and ferry stopover, nice pub about 15 minutes walk away for evening meal but boy does the landlady need some lessons in how to treat people. Gave the impression that they are only doing it so that they can afford to stay in the family house.

Will not be returning.

• Stayed: September 2013
6  Thank Helen S
helen g, Owner at The Old Manor House, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Sincere apologies in order lessons to be learnt had no idea I came over as discourteous as that., perhaps the two night duty had some relevance! It is and always will be quite stressful meeting and greeting guests in your own home. We are striving to ensure guests have a positive enjoyable experience from greeting to departure. No excuse but perhaps we are suffering from Augustitis as are a lot of B & b owners in september I'm sure; and we both still work. We welcome feedback from all our guests experience and will learn from yours. I recall our emails and apologies replied too late i believe i did not equate your late room booking with yourselves as the same person there was no insistence that you had booked a twin room just genuine mistake. Tramp loves to greet the guests and is very responsive to our old fashioned bells, we usually make sure he is shut in our lounge. We use expensive rapeseed oil to fry the eggs which does have a high colour try very hard not to send out fried food still covered in oil. This project has been a new venture for me and Dave a dream to restore an old property, purchased in October 2009 and refurbishment took nearly three years we only opened in may last year and appreciate have a lot to learn.