1,129 results
All reviewssteam roomleisure clubleisure facilitiesswimming poolsuperior roomgood sizebuffet stylesea frontsingle bedfamily roombit datedtown centrebiscuitsweekend breakgreat facilitiesshort staycouple of nights
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Stayed here with my wife and two young children for 1 night. The room was a good size, basic but clean. Staff were helpful. The hotel is about 5 min walk to the sea front which was ideal. The swimming pool was also good with a kids pool section. Breakfast was a buffet and had plenty for us and kids. Parking was a bit tight.

Overall good value for a family room, would like to come again. Great base to explore Dorset.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Martin C
Reviewed April 5, 2013

This was a one night stay whilst on business in the area. Reception was friendly enough with helpful and very clear directions to the room, restaurant and breakfast times etc. But the whole place has a tired look and the staircase to my room had a very musty-dusty smell. The room was a basic single and there was adequate space, a clean bed and clean bathroom. However there was no hot water. After a cold wash I mentioned this to reception and was told I was a long way from the boiler and just had to wait a bit longer. Foolishly I took this on trust and did not test it that night. The next morning I ran water for nearly five minutes in the hope of something warm coming through. It did not! The shower - on a separate system - gave a trickle of warm water so I made do with that and felt miserably unclean all day.

A word about food: the idea of a rare rib-eye steak really appealed to me. I got the steak but it came incinerated! And no member of staff to take a even the least interest in whether it was satisfactory. Breakfast was barely better; cremated sausages and burnt bacon. Not a place I would choose again - and that's a shame because, until now, by Best Western experiences have been good.

Room Tip: Best not - choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Richard L
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Stayed here for one night en route to Cornwall, plenty of parking spaces and staff friendly and efficient. The room was good and clean. The carvery looked very tired at 8.00pm and the meat was tough. The waitress, although smiley, did not understand our drink order or tell us we could have a choice of carvery or fish. Another waitress came to the rescue. The bed was comfortable but it was -2 outside, and the heating was turned off during the night, so unlike other reviewers who were too hot, in the morning, the room was decidedly chilly, The breakfast was really good and plenty of choice, and the spa and pool looked inviting.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We stayed for one night 23/03/13 the room was just OK ..after a long drive we found there was no hot water in the room.We informed the Manager who said due to the Hotel being full it had been used up at 6.30pm??..he said he would put the immersion on,but no good for us as we had a Surprise Party that evening.I received £20 in compensation..but not good enough

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank KATJAM123
MassimoMenin, General Manager at Best Western Weymouth Hotel Rembrandt, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

We apologised for the inconvenience caused to this guest who was happy to be given £20 when he left the desk.

The guest's version sounds quite dramatic! We do not have immersion heaters like at home or in a small b&b, we have 15 fully automated and very efficient boilers spread over the 78 rooms, leisure and conference/banqueting centre. By having more than 1 boiler, we do not run the risk, in case of a breakdown for the whole hotel to be effected.

In this case, one boiler had locked out and by the time the duty manager was alerted and the problem rectified, a few rooms were affected by this malfunction. Disappointing for all, I know and I am very sorry.

These boilers are in constant use! On occasions, any kind of equipment can breakdown and stop. On these rare occasions, we have procedures in place to minimize the inconvenience and professionals are called in. As soon as someone invents a boiler that will never, ever breakdown, promise, we will buy one!

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Turned up on a wet and windy Friday night manged to get a room at a reasonable rate with breakfast.
The room was excellent, and the spa facilities also.
We had a few drinks and had a really nice carvery, the hotel is only a three star but I think the only reason it's not a four star is the surroundings it's on a main road with only parking areas front and back, no outside space!!!
When in Weymouth again this place will be a must stay!!!

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple