1,144 results
All reviews steam room leisure club leisure facilities swimming pool superior room good size buffet style sea front single bed family room bit dated town centre biscuits weekend break great facilities short stay couple of nights
Reviewed March 19, 2013

We stayed at the Hotel during a walking weekend trip to Dorset. The food was very good for the meat eaters - there was a carvery supplied and for the veggies like myself there was a vegetarian option - either Fish or Cheese Tartlet. The service was good and the breakfast excellent. Our room was very clean and spacious, with all amenities provided including wi-fi. it was quite hot in there when we arrived, and we had to open the windows. The door latch had to be closed firmly each time to facilitate complete shutting, but this was a minor problem !! There was no sea view from any of the bedrooms. The staff were very friendly and helpful and there is a lift provided. There are also a variety of spa facilities like sauna and pool.

Room Tip: best around the back of hotel.
2  Thank phil b
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Just returned after a long weekend and cannot praise the hotel, it's staff and facilites high enough. I could easily name names of staff who i spoke too, over the weekend, but feel compound to mention them all generally. They are all very polite, helpful and noting was too much trouble for any of them. This is a lovely hotel, conveniently placed just under a mile from the town centre. I would not hesitate recommending here for a short or long stay. Me and my partner are already planning to return and this time, we will stay longer. If your thinking of a break in Weymouth, this hotel will not disappoint. Book and enjoy!!!

Room Tip: Our room was road facing and as a light sleeper, was woken by traffic. Quieter rooms at the rear apparently.
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Stayed on business for 1 night. On arrival I was asked to pay upfront which was a little unusual. My room was on the small side and tucked away round several narrow corridors. There was no lift, at least not in the wing I was in, fine for me with a small overnight bag though. With the exception of the dining area, which was quite inviting, the hotel needs refurbishment, with a lot of it looking tired and worn. The room was clean and provided with all the usual facilities. The bathroom very small but the shower was a very good power shower that worked well. Amazingly the bed still had blankets rather than a duvet, which was for me a very negative point. The staff explained that the hotel is upgrading with a rolling programme and that if I had asked they would have found me a duvet. Breakfast was good, high quality and plenty of choice. The staff were friendly and professional. I left an item in the room and they were extremely efficient finding it and getting it sent on. Overall good value for the price.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Just returned from a two-night stay at The Rembrandt, Weymouth. Having stayed there last year for a few days decided to take my Mum for Mother's Day and her 87th birthday. As always all of the staff were very attentive, helpful and pleasant. The pool was lovely and my Mum really enjoyed the jacuzzi! With hindsight should have asked for two adjoining ground floor rooms. Can certainly recommend it. Rooms are very comfortable and quiet and the hotel is handy for bus stop for Weymouth or easy to walk into town.

Room Tip: Ask for ground floor if preferred as lift access only for annexe at the back. Garden view rooms available on asking but even those at the front are quiet.
Reviewed March 15, 2013

For a two night break we were efficiently booked in to a pleasant superior double room with sitting area and leather seats.this and a new shower room made up for zero outlook. Without fail the staff were excellent and friendly.the food was surprisingly good and my wife's rack of lamb was spot on allowing me to compliment the young chef (unusual for me). The pool facilities were also clean and pleasant.staff morale was impressively high.

Room Tip: Not all the rooms have been updated as far as I could. Ours was 281 and we would stay in it again for a short trip. No knowledge other areas.