1,128 results
All reviewssteam roomleisure clubleisure facilitiesswimming poolsuperior roomgood sizebuffet stylesea frontsingle bedfamily roombit datedtown centrebiscuitsweekend breakgreat facilitiesshort staycouple of nights
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Just returned from a two-night stay at The Rembrandt, Weymouth. Having stayed there last year for a few days decided to take my Mum for Mother's Day and her 87th birthday. As always all of the staff were very attentive, helpful and pleasant. The pool was lovely and my Mum really enjoyed the jacuzzi! With hindsight should have asked for two adjoining ground floor rooms. Can certainly recommend it. Rooms are very comfortable and quiet and the hotel is handy for bus stop for Weymouth or easy to walk into town.

Room Tip: Ask for ground floor if preferred as lift access only for annexe at the back. Garden view rooms available on asking but even those at the front are quiet.
Reviewed March 15, 2013

For a two night break we were efficiently booked in to a pleasant superior double room with sitting area and leather seats.this and a new shower room made up for zero outlook. Without fail the staff were excellent and friendly.the food was surprisingly good and my wife's rack of lamb was spot on allowing me to compliment the young chef (unusual for me). The pool facilities were also clean and pleasant.staff morale was impressively high.

Room Tip: Not all the rooms have been updated as far as I could. Ours was 281 and we would stay in it again for a short trip. No knowledge other areas.
Reviewed March 10, 2013

My family and I have been at this hotel this weekend the same time as 'de-Courcyf' and our experience could not have been more contrasting. Taking into consideration its 3 star rating we found its service, rooms, cleanliness and above all food exceptional. The spa and pool was very clean, and had big family changing rooms with a shower which was perfect for us with our 4,6 and 8yr olds. Don't get me wrong the lobby is bright and uninviting, the bar somewhat resembles an NHS waiting room and the restaurant lacks any luxury but our overall weekend was great, value for money and we would return.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

AWFUL PLACE

On arrival. Myself my wife and 4 month old baby. Who wanted feeding. We went to reception at 13:55 and was told we cant check in til 1400. So left and returned later that afternoon to be greated by rude ignorant AMD incompetent staff.
Rooms. Clean but very dated and uncomfortable and the heat was unbearable without any means of controlling temperatures. Uncomfortable beds. Standard and dull better off in travel lodge.
Food. This place is a 2 star at best trying to be a 5 star food overpriced and mediocre

On checkout had to argue as I pqid for room on arrival and was bring charged again even though the receipt was in front of them on paper work

I was disgusted by the staff the hotel and prices. Yes they have a swimming pool does not make this any better then a budget hotel
Will nevet return recommend or speak of again

• Stayed: March 2013
8  Thank de-Courcyf
MassimoMenin, Manager at Best Western Weymouth Hotel Rembrandt, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

We are both surprised and saddened by this review.

After investigating the matter in some details, I remain confident that our members of staff are not as rudely depicted by de-Courcyf but more as described in all other reviews.
I agree that some of our fittings are dated but they are not dirty or broken. All radiators, including those in the bedroom occupied by this guest, have individual thermostatic controls.

The reviewer makes no ‘meaningful’ comments about the food and does not (or cannot!) explain why he is disgusted by the staff.

I would welcome more constructive and actual criticism rather than general insults.

I noticed de-Courcyf’s review of the Roundhouse Bed and Breakfast for exactly the same week end.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Despite making a booking as requested we ordered starters and main course at 730 and had to wait until 829 to have the main course put in front of us and to be advised that the starters were cancelled!!! During the wait no end of excuses were offered, none the less we had to wait. On the plus side the food was very good when it arrived. The head waiter, bless him, was hobbling around on TWO sticks nursing a broken foot/leg, questionable whether he should be working in that condition.
Restaurant aside the superior room was excellent. Pity about the attitude of the receptionist on arrival and the bar man addressing me as mate!!

Room Tip: Book a superior room
2  Thank johnluketilley