“Great value great bed great staff & great breakfast”
Review of Crown Hotel

Crown Hotel
Ranked #10 of 22 Hotels in Weymouth
Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

Spent the last 5 days four nights of July in this fantastic hotel in Weymouth and for myself and my two boys it had everything you require of a mid range hotel. We were greeted upon arrival by friendly staff and what appeared to be a very friendly manager who promptly helped with the carrying of my suitcase (I was on crutches & the boys had their noses in iPods as they do). The room was of a good size & clean & tidy. The most pleasing part of my stay was the staff they found nothing we asked for too much trouble. We had four great nights here and I loved the quality of my bed which I personally find to be a deal maker in deciding hotels so please anyone requiring a good quality bed with good pillows rest assured I had found one here. The next thing I loved was breakfast plenty of it and cooked however we requested it ( my eldest has runny eggs youngest wants his squashed and hard as he says it and me I like scrambled) & none were any trouble to the waitress & chef cause that's exactly how they came daily. We had super weather which probably made everything perfect anyway but if your looking for great value, great staff , very comfortable bed and great breakfast when in the Weymouth area you'll not go far wrong here. Thoroughly recommended.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We had a twin and a single booked for 1 night as a break during driving down from Lancashire and back to pick up our grandson who had been on a residential course locally.
On arrival at around 4.30pm, we were allocated our 2 rooms and a pre-booked parking space.
The single room had obviously not been cleaned, with bedding in disarray waste bin full and coffe cup unwashed - the twin was ready, clean warm and comfortable.
We reported the single room at reception, and went out for a walk, and something to eat and drink in the town - which was lovely (the weather was gorgeous, which added to the pleasure).
On returning to the hotel. we were given a different single room by the very apologetic receptionist - this was as you would expect, clean and comfortable.
We had asked for "quiet rooms" and being on the side of the hotel, and on the 3rd floor I suspect that these were as quiet as it gets. There was a little noise from passers-by into the early hours, but not enough to stop us sleeping, and I think that double glazing would have got rid of this problem.
Breakfast was good, tasty plentiful and served by friendly staff.
We left at around 10.30am for the journey home.
All in all, a good experience at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Juehel
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Spent one night as a group of cyclists in August. Very friendly reception from the nice lady behind the desk. Rooms Ok, situation good but difficault to sleep as so much going on outside. Sounded like delivery lorrys arriving in the middle of the night. Breakfast very fast arriving but mediocre with the cheapest, nastiest sausage I have ever encountered. Good value overhaul though.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We arrived at the crown hotel Weymouth last week and spent 4 days there, the hospitality was great, the food superb we just couldn't fault our stay, we'll done to all staff, it's amazing we found out about this hotel through friends that travel the country, thanks to them also

Reviewed August 3, 2013

How on earth is this Hotel ONLY 2 STAR ?
We have just left Weymouth after dropping our daughter off at Heathrow and decided to stay here for 1 night . The rooms are absolutely spotless from the sheets on the beds to the cleanliness of the bathroom. I would thoroughly recommend the breakfasts. On arrival you are shown to your table and asked what you wish for breakfast. The staff are impeccably dressed and are extremely courteous and friendly. I would recommend this Hotel without hesitation and would definitely return. Bravo to you all for this family run Hotel and everything about it.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank John7956
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Me and my daughter stayed at the crown hotel Weymouth for two nights on the 30th July to 1st augs 2013 but We wish we could of stayed longer. the hotel was busy with coach tours with Pensioners but me and Daughter had great time with the other Guests. have to say the staff are so Friendly and Helpful Exspecially towards my daughter who is only 14. The food and the rooms are Excellent.great Location to the harbour and loads to do in Weymouth.but if your driving down Book your car park space Inadvance your car will be Totally safe in a massive garage. I'm planning another trip in September I will be booking in at this hotel... Enjoy your stay
Mr d.morby

3  Thank Hitechsounds
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Great food , wonderful service , clean rooms , staff and Managers alike a seaside hotel that offers everything , It is the old fasion type that we all miss today in this modern world good alround service

thats it said x

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Steve W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weymouth
1 mi away
#2 of 4 in Abbotsbury
The Heights Hotel
The Heights Hotel
#1 of 1 in Isle of Portland

Been to Crown Hotel? Share your experiences!