“Listen to this as a review if your planning to stay here”
Review of Crown Hotel

Crown Hotel
Ranked #10 of 22 Hotels in Weymouth
Reviewed August 10, 2012

This hotel was fine apart from a few things.1:location- its just over the street from a nightclub and is really loud. 2:waiters serving the food- absoluntely rude, they talk about you behind your back and are very snotty they can't hear very good either. 3:Entertainment- if your stopping here for 2 weeks then you will see the same entertainment in the ballroom. The bedroom which I stopped in was large room and was clean appropriate and the cleaners were very friendly as were the receptionists who were helpful with getting visits to atractions at a discounted price

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank lauramaebult

Reviewed August 3, 2012

I read some of the more negative reviews before my stay (two weeks on a work contract) and I didn't smell cabbage at all! It has a predominantly old-folk clientele but assuming you accept this The Crown is none the worse for it. I found the staff incredibly friendly and helpful, top marks. The decor might be beige with old-folks armchairs, but was very clean and tidy, with no 'adverse smells'. My room was neat and clean and had all I needed. I've had worse at 4 star places in London! Food was standard breakfast fare, nothing special but absolutely fine - done especially early for me, and served with again great service.
The only downside was that it is situated on the edge of the town centre and suffers intrusive street noise from neighbouring pub trade.
Prices seemed reasonable.
No wifi in rooms, but free and unlimited in the lounge.
I would stay there again quite happily.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank MikeKinsey
Reviewed June 9, 2012

We stayed at the Crown Hotel for one night, the hotel was very clean and tidy and the reception staff were very helpful. on arrival to the hotel we parked our car in a secure garage underneath the hotel. Our room was quite dated and on the small side, however it was very clean and was ideal for a one night stay. our room was very loud during the evening as our room over looked the fans/boiler rooms at the back of the hotel. there was also quite a lot of noise from the local bar/club across the road from the hotel.
Our evening meal was very nice and well worth £12.00 Each what we had paid. Service was very fast, and at some points felt like i was being rushed to eat our dinner. one member of the resturant staff was quite rude, i had almost finished my soup when she picked up my spoon which was resting on the side of my bowl, placed it into the bowl and took away the bowl, she also lend over me and my partner when serving our food, i found this very annoying and unprofessional.
apart from this we found the hotel very comfortable and it is located in a perfect location, very close to all of the bars, resturants, and cafes near the harbour (however the hotel was not over looking the harbour which we thought prior to booking)
I would recommend this hotel for people looking for a short break away/ Tour Groups and the older generation.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank GoldDigga
Reviewed June 8, 2012

I arrived here and had difficulty in finding the hotels car park, these are in fact 2 garages at the rear with electric shutters. The receptionist was very helpful and friendly and check in was very easy. Due to the fact we had parked in the garage area keys to our vehicle had to be left at reception. This parking area is quite secure.
My room was on the 3rd floor which was a twin room. Tea and coffee was to hand but no complimentary biscuits. I guess this is due to its 2 star rating. The beds were pushed together but there wasnt a lot of space in the room. There was plenty of draw and wardrobe space and there was a hair dryer in one of the draws but no iron and ironing board. The window faced onto a side street and was an old wooden sash window which didnt keep out any noise from the street below.
The bathroom was small and there was a shower over the bath. Complimentary soap was on the sink and bath but no gels or other additional items were there. Again i suppose this down to the rating of the hotel. The shower didnt run very strong and it took quite a while for me to wet. Having used my own shower gel it also took time to remove the suds due to poor jet of water emitting from it. The towels were reasonably fluffy.
The Hotel is situated right on the edge of the harbour and town centre. Wetherspoons and Yates are 20 yards away to the left of the hotel as you exit and lots of other bars and shops are close to hand. The beachfront is about 5 to 10 minutes walk.
Now to the sleep or lack of it. The bed wasnt the most comfortable but it was the noise from the revellers leaving the pubs in the early hours which the sash window didnt prevent from coming in even after having closed it. Then at just after 5 the delivery lorries turned up and this agian was very noisy. The wind also caused the window to rattle most of the night and i had to shove clothing in it to prevent this. Double glazing would be a bonus.
Breakfast was waiter/ress service which was welcoming and tea and coffee/juice etc was brought to your table. You chose from the menu of what hot food you wanted and again this was brought to your table with toast.
Other rooms in the hotel may be different to the one i had and i can only comment on my sleep quality and of the room i stayed in.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank SwissTonyPortsmouth
Reviewed May 19, 2012 via mobile

Great place to stay if you're a couple visiting for a weekend. Clean rooms and a good price. I'd recommend to anyone looking for a place to stay.

One little gripe is the location, which wasn't quite what we were looking for but I guess that's my fault for not researching properly! Overall, a good place. We were pleased with our stay.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank DoctorD82
Reviewed April 23, 2012

great rooms comfy beds ,modern clean ,only let down hallways need attension apart from that food & staff great .

Room Tip: try and get back room little noise on front thats all
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank helen e
Reviewed April 11, 2012

In past 18 months have stayed at 3 different hotels in Weymouth and all were good and excellent value and of a similar standard really but The Crown has turned out to be our favourite. Excellent staff, food and very good value. Everywhere was spotless and the location great. Parking was £3 per night and well worth it ( this is the biggest bugbear of any of the town and seafront hotels). Breakfast was excellent with good choice and waiter/ress service. Would highly recommend.

Room Tip: Probably back for quietness-there's a club opposite.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple