“Great Hotel”

Ranked #10 of 22 Hotels in Weymouth
South Normanton, United Kingdom
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed March 31, 2012

This is the first time that I have been to this Hotel, and was pleasantly surprised by the friendliness and service.
The room was excellent and clean.
The meals were well presented and nicely cooked, and a good portion.
The entertainment was reasonably good too.
I was impressed by the good management and the way things are organised.
I would highly recomend this Hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank James S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Kent
Reviewed March 15, 2012

This is the second time I have been to the Crown - previous occasion was with my husband. This was the first trip I have done on my own since his passing and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The only criticism I would make is that the breakfast was only warm and also the meat in the evening meals, although the vegetables were piping hot. Apart from that, everybody was very friendly, courteous, helpful and polite. There was also a bonus as the bar stocked my favourite tipple, name, Dubonnet. Thank you. I will certainly come again.
The theme was 1940's and the Hotel went to a lot of trouble to make it appropriate, including a trip and lunch at the Tank Museum.

Room Tip: A room overlooking the harbour would be the best type to have.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank happytravellers2310
Stourbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 20, 2012

I stayed at the Crown Hotel and was one of the vocalist's at the venue for one of the weekends when people from Birmingham and Worcester booked most of the hotel. This hotel was fantastic and this is coming from a well travelled person.The food was excellent even the lunch time food in the bar aswell the staff are fab and I would jump at the chance to go back to this hotel I enjoyed it so much I would go back right now.It's in a central location and just a few minutes walk to the beach front. On the whole the hotel and location and food and staff purely fantastic. Weymouth on a whole is fab.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Nathan J
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 5, 2011

Just got back from a fantastic weekend at the Crown Hotel. I was with a party on a Turkey and Tinsel Weekend and we had a really good time. The weekend started with Christmas Eve and a meeting with Wine and nibbles before a lovely meal in the Restaurant - This was not only plentiful and hot but it was also really good. During the evening we also had mince pies. The experience was followed by another great meal On Christmas Day with complimentary wine and mince pies, again on New Years eve we were greated with complimentary wine with the meal and follwed up with shortbread and mince pies later in the evening. The waiting staff were a really friendly and professional group - full marks to Mad Maureen and Nicky. The meals were without exception of a high standard - top marks to the kitchen staff for all their hard work.
I had read comments on trip advisor before going which had been a bit mixed but I could find no faults with the rooms, staff, food or the experience.
The only negative comment I would make is that the lift could do with some updating but using the stairs was not a bad thing after all the good food that had been consumed. There was some noise from the other locations but much of this is to be expected due to the central location of the Hotel.
The Crown and its staff really do know how to do Turkey and Tinsel. Well Done.
Another thing that was a big bonus for me was that even though I was on my own in our party, there had been no single supplement and I had a lovely big double room.
Thank you for an all round enjoyable weekend.

Room Tip: Rooms on the side away from the bridge are quieter but the view is not as good. Take your pick which...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank pennyrobinson35
Kingskerswell, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 27, 2011

The crown just keeps getting better and better. We have been
visiting the crown for the past 6 years and every year it just seems
to be getting better. The hotel itself is currently decorated for
Christmas which only adds to the very welcoming feeling you get as
soon as you enter the front door. The private garage right under the
hotel is a big plus for us as is the flexibility of the kitchen able
to offer us early breakfast (Full English) as and when we require, so
we can get out and get fishing early. Nothing is too much trouble for
this hotel and its staff. Keep up the great work. Thank You all and see you again soon!!!!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank Matthew H
Kent
Reviewed November 23, 2011

My wife and I had planned to stay on our friends boat in the marina at Weymouth. However, when we got there it was a little rough and we didn't fancy it. The first hotel next to the marina is the crown, we booked in for bed and breakfast at very reasonable rates and had a very relaxing couple of days. The hotel was clean and warm with a very nice public bar that has a good lunchtime menu. Breakfast was sever until 9.30am and was a good traditional English breakfast. 10/10 for the crown.

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank Kentfolks
Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 22, 2011

We have just returned from a week of Turkey & Tinsel at the Crown. It's the first time we have been on such a trip and it won't be the last!

We had a fantastic time, the hotel is very central so has great access to the shops , seafront and harbourside which was great for my wife who has mobility problems.

The crown is a 2 star (thought it should be a 3 star at least) everything about our stay was great, the food, the entertainment and the staff were all fantastic. The only slight problem was the odd noise from the street, however this didn't go on beyond 11 O'Clock and after all it is a town centre hotel.

WE WILL BE RETURNING!!!