“As good as it gets...”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

We visited Waffle On on our summer holiday break. It did not fail to meet expectations! We arrived en masse...8 of us, 4 of which were children. I'm sure owners want to close shop when we appear but the staff here took it in their stride. Child centred chaos briefly ensued but the staff were patient and returned to take our order. We sat in the sun terrace outside so we could take in the harbour view and sun. We ordered our waffles , ice creams and drinks and very speedily received our drinks. The waffles later followed ( not long at all) and, well, put it this way, this weekend I shall be attempting to recreate the waffles we had! They were delicious, service was excellent and the value for money was good. A waffle with ice cream, fruit, sprinkles and sauce was £3.50. Absolutely outstanding!

1  Thank MrsEss
mombasa33, Owner at Waffle On, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2013

What a title ...thank you so much for your positive comments, I am most grateful x Fiona

Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Went for a naughty breakfast and was lovely. Waffles were perfect and the tea helped it down nicely recommend a visit.

1  Thank JAnnLewis
mombasa33, Owner at Waffle On, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Wowzer ...best waffles ever,high praise and without your responses people wouldn't know what they are missing.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

After reading the excellent reviews on TripAdvisor, I decided to give this place a try on the way back from our walk around the harbour and Nothe Fort.

The owner/manageress/hostess was very friendly, and offered lots of different suggestions on what to have on our waffles. You can pretty much have whatever you like, in all sorts of combinations.

My OH wanted something relatively simple, and just had a waffle with honeycomb ice cream and marshmallows.

I fancied something a bit more elaborate, maybe something like a banana split? I was happy to be led by our hostess, and I ended up with a fabulous concoction of waffle, honeycomb ice cream, sliced bananas, toffee sauce, cream and chocolate sprinkles. So decedent, but utterly scrumptious.

OH also had a coffee. I only wanted a glass of water, and was offered complimentary sugar-free squash. This whole lot only came to £8. Surely it should be more than that, I questioned. But our hostess wouldn’t take any more.

We had a nice chat about business, and she showed me where she hoped to expand the shop.

When we arrived here, mid-afternoon on a lovely weekday in early July, we were surprised to find only one other couple in the shop. Granted, it’s not a huge place, with only a few tables inside anyway, but I was most surprised that this place wasn’t busier.

Then I realised why – it’s just slightly on the ‘wrong side’ of the road as you walk across Weymouth’s bridge from town to harbour side. It’s a few doors over on the right, whereas most visitors are likely to turn left and head towards the harbour area.

Do yourself a favour… once over the bridge, turn right and you’ll almost immediately spot this small establishment. If you’re looking for a very reasonably priced delicious treat, you won’t be disappointed.

1  Thank reddiguy

Thank you - I love hosting people and to hear that people enjoy the service I offer is ample reward and taking the time to tell the world in such a positive fashion is a massive compliment. Thank you again and I look forward to other visits from people who have been persuaded to step over the bridge.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

I am a regular visitor to Waffle on. They are delicious. Always such a variety to choose from and the service is very friendly. I would (and have) recommend Waffle On to anyone who enjoys a naughty but nice treat.

Thank you or your review ...I think the title says it all x see you again soon x

Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

What is the fuss!!!!! why is it number 1, did i choose a bad day to go???.... there is an asda down the road where you can buy the stuff and make them yourself (a lot cheaper too) we are a family of 5 and it cost us £17.50 .... there were lots of flys in the shop too ... our waffles were cold.... i love waffles but a good waffle is warm and chewy round edges , sorry not for me!!

1  Thank agkenn
mombasa33, Owner at Waffle On, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2013

I am sorry you feel it is not good value at 17.50 x 5 people and the 'fuss' has been generated by people who do enjoy what waffle on tries to be - a fun, simple shop to relax in whilst either on holiday or just having down time with friends