The Kings Arms
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Alexandra Hotel(Weymouth)
  • Breakfast included
Russell Hotel(Weymouth)
TripAdvisor
  • Beachfront
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Excellent sea food and snacks. We have sampled crab sandwiches when only in for a snack which were good and good value. The Tribute beer is always good. Service varies from the staff, depending on who is behind the bar. Also hot food may take some time to arrive, perhaps also depending on who is in the kitchen... as the pub wasn't particularly busy... Situated at the harbour area of Weymouth which is the more scenically attractive perhaps..

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Lovely pub but the hotel seems to be a second thought. £90 a night wasn't cheap but things were not 100% needed to ask twice for towels, cups and toilet rolls. Toilet was unclean from previous guests which was unpleasant and I am not talking wee!!! Lots of noise from outside which meant a disturbed night, double glazing would help. Staff were very nice but need to look at maintaining rooms to a higher standard. Lovely area for hotel but a B&B for cheaper would have been better.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 8, 2012

We stayed at the Kings Arms in August. The room had recently been decorated and was clean and comfortable. There was alot of noise from the fans outside our window. It would be better if they had double glazed this window. There was no shaver socket in the bathroom which would have been a plus. The breakfast was very good and you can choose which time you wish to eat. The location was excellent right on the harbour, You can only park outside for an hour, so you need to use a public car park or park around the corner in residential side streets..

Room Tip: Not to book a room which has the noise of the fans outside.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 11, 2012

A friend & I booked in to the Kings Arms in Weymouth from Tuesday the 5th to Friday the 8th of June 2012.

We arrived in the pouring rain and were greeted by Jenna, who was so kind and helpful; she came out in the rain and helped us carry our suitcases into the pub and to our room, she also showed me where I could park my car.

The accommodation, Twin Room: Our Twin room was with an on-suit (The Shower was excellent). The room was lovely, and very comfortable. I was very surprised to not hear the sound of the pub from our room, so it is so easy to relax in peace of an evening.
We had our first night meal in the pub downstairs, where I was recommended the Skate, which I have to say was really good. Do try the locally caught fish!!

Breakfast: Instead of the normal “breakfast is served between 7-9am” in most places I have stayed, Jenna asked us what time we would like breakfast. How refreshing to hear that. This is a great idea, as you can plan your start time of your day instead of having to wait for your breakfast hours. I had the full English every morning, which was soooo good.

Overall experience is that I would re-visit The Kings Arms, it is in a beautiful location overlooking the harbour, and the boats. Well done for making us feel most welcomed!!!!

Thank you.

Room Tip: As far as I could see all rooms on top floor, which is great!!! Challenge: Try and find room number 2???? :-)
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 14, 2012

Wow what a fab weekend in Weymouth, we will go back to this pub/B&B time and again. The accomodation was comfortable and clean, the breakfast set us all up for the day, Sunday lunch was delicious and the staff couldn't do enough for us. Special mention for the lovely Jenna who constantly had a smile on her face and a warm welcome for everyone who came through the door. Thanks to you all, see you again next year. x

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends