“Hidden Gem”

Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 28, 2014

We found this late after a long day on Weymouth. You would missed it as its in a strange place up several flights of steps. The room has very long tables made of substantial wood with benches. We were given a place and surveyed the menu. All the food appears to be of a cross between Italian and English with a choice of pizza's and pies sung local produce. I had a pizza with cheese and bacon finishing off with an egg on top very tasty. My youngest had a pie which he really enjoyed although it could have been bigger for him. My wife and other son also had pizzas and some salad. we finished off with a Bramley apple pie and clotted cream which we shared but was so good we though we should have had one each the boys shared a pizza base covered in hazelnut and white chocolate, we were told it was big enough to share however they wanted more as it was so good. You could have various amounts of wine from glass carafe or bottle but had I not been driving I would have liked to have sample a vast array of ciders . Yes worth a visit but don't expect nice chairs and tables.

Reviewed August 27, 2014 via mobile

We ate there I'm August 2014 and ordered 2 pies after seeing how small the pizzas were, I ordered pea and ham hock, inside the pie was lots of carrots and peas and the smallest slither of Ham. My husband ordered lamb, again very little filling, for a restaurant that only offers pie or pizza, you would think they could get 2 choices right! When discussed with the water at the end of the meal, we were told, we buy the pies in so don't know what is in them! Overpriced and disappointed!

Reviewed August 25, 2014 via mobile

Choose the Stable as my lad wanted a pizza and I quite fancied the pie.

The Stable is quite a quirky affair, not your standard eatery in terms of decor but it had a nice vibe about it.

My son reckoned the pizza was the best he had ever had. Unfortunately, the pie didn't live up to its billing, the lamb was not spicy and the chorizo undetectable. The potato was also a tad burnt.

Despite it not being the greatest food the presentation and service were commendable.

Cheers guys.

Reviewed August 25, 2014 via mobile

Highly recommend the cider sampler! Pizza is excellent as are the staff. Can get very busy but this just adds to the atmosphere, fantastic for families, friends and couples. Will be returning soon!!!

Reviewed August 24, 2014 via mobile

I had a special for pizza where the tomato base was replaced with mushy peas, and topped with bacon and squid.

This combination is one of the best pizzas I ate and by far the most original. They serve a cider taster for 7 pounds which is worth trying.