We stayed 4 / 7 April 2014 and have been regular visitors to Prince Regent. This was our first experience of a Daish's run hotel. No options re meal times 8:30 AM Breakfast and 6:30 PM (Nursery sic) dinner. Full English breakfast delivered to the table, no mushrooms, baked beans alternated with a small tinned plum tomato. Evening meals fared no better.
Yes the hotel has always been in need of major works, but the food was always of the highest standard with a good menu selection and you could choose your dinner in the evening not while you are eating your breakfast!
If you want a cheap place to sleep in a good room, a basic breakfast then it will suffice but definitely eat out elsewhere at an adult time for better quality food and selection.
The staff were under pressure and struggled to serve breakfast or dinner easily with everyone conditioned to arrive at the same time. Many of the staff we knew from previous visits and they were worth 5 *. Thank you.
Would we return Weymouth yes but the hotel - Hard to say.
Graham and June
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Prince Regent is an attractive seafront property on Weymouth's historic esplanade with views across Weymouth Bay and the craggy Dorset Jurassic coastline beyond. The Hotel Prince Regent is regarded by many as the leading Weymouth seaside hotel. It's perfect for singles, couples and family holidays alike. It was purpose-built in classic Georgian style, but inside you'll see we've moved with the times and offer comfortable accommodation with free Wi-Fi access in all bedrooms and public areas. And with nightly performances in our beautiful Georgian ballroom - fully restored at a cost of nearly £100,000 - you'll always be entertained. Families are well catered for, with guest accommodation that can sleep up to five people. We are handily located close to the town centre, which is a 10 minute stroll along the seafront. With a sandy beach on the doorstep, this is the perfect spot for a traditional seaside break. Guests return time after time because of our high standards, seafront location, proximity to Weymouth town centre and great facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Prince Regent reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Hotel Prince
- Regent Weymouth
- Best Western Weymouth
- Weymouth Best Western
- Weymouth Regent
- Hotel Prince Regent Weymouth, Dorset