“Coach trip to Weymouth”

Hotel Prince Regent
Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in Weymouth
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Stayed at Prince Regent for 5 days Food really good Staff couldn't do enough for you excellent service. We had a large family room as 3 sharing. We had everything we needed. Also can recommend Taxi firm" Fleetline" as we had a brilliant unexpected day visiting Portland Bill with guided very informative tour of surrounding area by our lovely driver. Taxi can be booked at reception desk. Hope all goes well for you all at Prince Regent I would love to come back in the future

Room Tip: Room 114 very good for a family or 3 or even 4 sharing
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank TripAdviser610

Reviewed October 26, 2013

We have stayed here before and because our friend is Coeliac we wanted to be sure she could be catered for so we suggested The Prince Regent and I can safely say that she was catered for completely, professionally and in a very friendly way. We all enjoyed the food tremendously, great value for money. The rooms were very large and pleasantly decorated. I must congratulate all the staff as they had been told that the Martyn's group who owns the hotel is in Administration but despite this they are all carrying on with a smile on their faces. They hope that the hotel will be brought and perhaps a little TLC spent on it. We also hope this is the case because staying here was excellent value for money with really pleasant staff and excellent food. Good luck to finding a decent buyer.

Room Tip: It is a far end of promenade but this means it is not too noisy and lets face it what is wrong with...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank lilianswindon
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I stayed here for a long weekend in October.
The room I was given was tired, dark and the tv had a mind of it's own. I reported it as not working at all and after being out all day, on my return the reception staff had no record of me ever having reported it. I was then told that it would be the on/off button which is located on the rear and switches off if the tv is pushed against the wall, which proved to be the case. It wasn't at all obvious as there was only one dim roof light in the room. Later, the problem re-occurred but this time it was a dodgy remote control and I couldn't be bothered with it again....
The Wi Fi signal was ok up on the fourth floor.
The breakfast and evening meals were good with a choice of menu available. Staff in the restaurant areas were friendly and hard working.
My gripe was with the girl on reception who started off by talking down to me in front of my passengers and who appeared to have the full backing of the hotel management who I also had dealings with.
The outcome was that this hotel is not likely to be featured in the companies brochure for next year.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view. Rooms at the rear will have problems with noise from the function room. This hot...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank carpetcone
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We stayed at the Hotel Prince Regent in Weymouth on the 5/6/7th October 2013 in room 219 and can honestly say we really enjoyed our stay, the staff were outstanding, the food was excellent and the room was a good size and the bed very comfortable.

This hotel probably is in need of some refurbishment but not to the degree that it would worry me too much, it's the staff and comfort that count and that's all that matters to me.

The Prince Regent is ideally located being just a few yards from the sea-front and just a short walk into the Weymouth town and then on to the old harbour.

We hope to be able to go to the Prince Regent again next year.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Steevie91050
Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

Just spent a few days there on dinner bed and break deal.Excellent price so feel I had very good value.Hotel looks tired both in bedrooms and function rooms.Staff very helpful and friendly.Food excellent for money paid. 15 min walk from town in one direction and gardens plus other attractions in other

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank harpies
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

Depressing.
Glad I only stayed one night (room 309)
The staff are pleasant though and the bedding was clean.
Having been brought up in Weymouth, I was deeply saddened to see how rundown this grand old building has become.
I'm sure there must be a wide choice of much better value accommodation in Weymouth town centre.
The sea view would have been delightful if I could have seen it through the condensation on the window; a window I couldn't open as the frame was rotten.Presumably the condensation has partly caused the rust stains running down the wall from the light fitting and the paper peeling off the walls in many places.
I was unable to get the shower head to do anything but allow water to run down the wall, over the side of the bath and onto the floor, though the water was hot.
This little room looks sad and dejected and in desperate need of some TLC

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Julie064
Reviewed September 23, 2013

have just returned from a long weekend at prince regent with my disabled mother, had a good size twin room 103 overlooking the beach the shower well if you could get in it without the plastic curtain sticking to you you had done well but don't drop anything in there as its so small you will bang your head trying to get it. the breakfast was good help yourself so you could choose how much you wanted. The evening meal well that was most bizarre you had to book in everyday even though we had already booked and paid we still had to book in, was told we couldn't go at 6.30 as the coach party had that time we could go after 7 when we queried why the coach party had first choice we were told that "they don't get the same service as the after 7s" we said we needed to come at 6.30 as we were meeting people so we would take a chance on not having as good service. well the service was excellent so we don't no what that receptionist was talking about.The parking if you have a disabled badge you can park outside the hotel at all times, the staff don't tell you that though they want you to park round back in their tiny garage. so overall not too bad

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends