“Best fish and chips I found in weymouth”

The Old Harbour Fish & Chips
Ranked #25 of 285 Restaurants in Weymouth
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
“Best fish and chips I found in weymouth”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

Great fish and chips, less oil and more flavour in their fish. Great service. Try em, if you don't like that fat taste that remains in your mouth after most fish and chips, you will like these.

Visited July 2014

treorchy
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pleasantly surprised”
Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

Found this fish and chip shop on the awkward eater website so had to try it just for the gluten free option. So glad I had Google map on my phone or I prob wouldn't have found it. The food was fab. I had a chicken burger, both children had a strawberry sundae and my husband had gluten free fish and chips which was accompanied by gluten free vinegar. The staff were very friendly and helpful, helped to navigate us around town to particular shops I like to visit. I would highly recommend

Guildford
“Really great fish and chips”
Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

We took a steam train trip to Weymouth, and what better lunch to have by the seaside than fish and chips? Reviews of the Old Harbour looked very encouraging, so we made tracks for St Edmunds Street.
We were not disappointed. Home made batter and freshly cooked chips from local potatoes resulted in a lovely lunch that was very tasty and non-greasy. We had the haddock which was beautifully flaky - just right! The staff were very friendly and attentive. We definitely recommend this one. If you are arriving by train, it is well worth the stroll through the main pedestrianised street to find it one block from the harbour. Don't get distracted by the competition!

Visited July 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Fish and chip heaven”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

I enjoyed a lovely meal here - the cod was beautiful and the batter very crispy and light. I found the portion size to be generous and just couldn't eat everything. I liked the blue and white 'marine' theme of the decor and the whole place looked spotlessly clean. Friendly service and great value for money. A lovely way to round off a trip to Weymouth!

• Visited July 2014
Morecambe, United Kingdom
“great fish and chips”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

we went for fish and chips the fish was so fresh it tasted amazing the chips were well made and portion size just right

• Visited June 2014