“Yummy”

Ranked #20 of 292 Restaurants in Weymouth
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Went on the first wet evening for ages and made to feel very welcome,

I had the biggest piece of place i have ever seen and my wife had loads of scampi,not the normal 8 pieces.

All at reasonable prices.

Would have liked garden peas, not just mushy.

I would reccomend any one visiting Weymouth to call in.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Visited the fish bar on 16/07 as we read good reviews on trip advisor, and we weren't disappointed.

The batter on the fish was really nice and crispy, not greasy, and the fish (as you would expect) was fresh and had a really nice flavour. My wife had fishcakes, and I tried a bit, and they were really tasty too.

The staff were also friendly, and helped us with directions/places to visit, etc, as we were only visiting the area for a few days. I can't comment on the other fish bars in Weymouth, but this one was certainly very good, the best I've visited in a long while.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

My boyfriend and I came in here for lunch and it looked nice on the outside as well as inside. It was quiet at the time but it was early lunchtime. We were seen to straight away to ask for a drinks order which was good! we didnt order any drinks though as we'd just bought a load of water before hand and didnt want to spend unnecessarily, but it seemed this put them off and from then on, the atmosphere didnt feel right!
When looking at the food, we just wanted to share a portion of chips. We couldn't see anything like this on the menu, it was mainly fish and chips or sausage and chips which sounded nice just not what we wanted, so we asked the waitress if we could share a large portion of chips. She said we could, however, 5 minutes later another waitress came out and told us they didnt do that, they only did a 'side' of chips.We thought this was no problem at all and went with that but we felt the waitress had a hint of an attitude when she told us.
Luckily the food came quickly. The chips were nice if slightly undercooked. A side of chips each was plenty for us, but thought £3.20 was a bit steep for that portion! as soon as we finished, our plates were cleared and we asked for the bill.
Overall i did not enjoy the experience here. I have never felt uncomfortable in a restaurant before and I felt that here! I felt the staff were not genuine. Perhaps it was just us but unfortunately our personal experience here did not leave a positive impression. I would not go back here.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Had to have fish and chips as we were away in Weymouth - Saw this one advertised in a tourist magazine - the restaurant itself wasn't busy but we found they served value for money fish and chips well cooked good size portions of both - helpful and friendly staff. It was good that they were licensed too. Would definitely dine there should we be in Weymouth again - Lovely Fish & Chips - thank you.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

The fish and chips have grease on them whatsoever, me and my family have visited here 3 times this week while we were on holiday and the staff are so friendly and talked to us as though we were locals. Made us feel very welcome!