“Nice pub shame about the punters”

The George Bar & Grill
Ranked #13 of 281 Restaurants in Weymouth
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Bar scene, Scenic view, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Nice pub shame about the punters”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

Lovely pub and lovely location ,
I have reviewed this place before but felt I had to again as we returned 6 months later to find it wasn't quite as good.
The place is lovely and the prices good, we had a few drinks on the sat eve but were made to feel unwelcome when the subject of food was approached so we left but returned on the Sunday for a roast which was very nice and good value.
This pub is lovely and could be made better if it was a little less appealing to the local jobless drop outs that 6 months later are still falling asleep at the bar mid day in their track suits and white trainers!! I'm no snob and I love local boozers but its a well known local fact that this place is the local cash your giro hang out( just ask any taxi driver)
I wouldn't let it put you off though there are too doors and the less desirable tend to be down the end by the main bar so grab a seat in the sun by the top door and watch from a distance because desirable or not its entertaining watching the local Jeremy Kyle show carry on! We saw a fight, a drink knocked in the harbour, a local dead beat asleep on a stool, someone's bum cleavage plus various heated discussions, not the place for kids but for a bit of amusement and a good value meal and drink its a winner!!

1 Thank southwestsampler

Weymouth, United Kingdom
“Love this Pub”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

Since 2004, have always had a good meal in this pub. Food is served hot and very good. The landlady, Toni, is quick to serve her customers where she can. I can not fault the service I had.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Jenny C
Bedford, United Kingdom
“Great location & great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

Whenever we come to Weymouth we always make our way to Tthe George Inn which is situated right on the harbour. It is also situated right next to the best fishmongers in Weymouth - Weyfish - which is great if you are fancying a pint and a pot of cockles as a starter, which my dad always does, before you make your way for a spot to eat. We chose the seafood basket to share between three and there was so much we struggled to finish it. The food was delicious and incredibly fresh and at a very good price. The pub itself has a lovely feel and has plenty of seating as well as a jukebox and a pool table to keep everyone entertained. It is definately well worth a visit.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Natasha K
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Good location but could be better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

We actually visited this venue twice in one day. Initially for lunch and the food was excellent value and very good. Husband had a cheese sandwich and came with chips for £2.95 which was so cheap and I had the crab Salad which was superb. However they were very short staffed and one older lady behind the bar was very unfriendly and I felt I was inconveniencing her by ordering! The the other younger blond girl was fab and racing around to cope! The chef was also stressed and this could be heard in the bar. We returned later in the evening for a drink and while stood at the bar the chef had a major outburst using the "F" word and when a waitress tried to calm him down he came from the kitchen shouting! Not very professional and I did ask whether it was the same chef at lunchtime who was also stressed out! I think the location of this pub is superb and the food was also good but they need to review staffing and customer service skills. We were there on the 30th August and although a busy time they were plenty of tables free. Worth a try for food.

Weymouth, United Kingdom
“Brilliant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

Moved to Weymouth in 2004 and used this pub from the start. The food was excellent then and still is now. Had a roast tonight. The whole dinner was cooked beautifully and served very hot. Great value too. I also know that their steaks are fantastic. This pub in the winter is great for locals and in the summer you get the whole ombiunce of the harbour. Great place. Keep it going Toni!!!

• Visited August 2012