“Seems to be a locals pub”
Review of The Ferrybridge Pub - CLOSED

The Ferrybridge Pub
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Come and visit this traditional welcoming pub. We are situated at the end of Wyke Regis near to the Isle of Portland. It has panoramic views over The Fleet and Chesil Beach. Try a nice refreshment of good wines and local Ales and taste some lovely local freshly cooked food within the bar or restaurant area. Enjoy a stay in our newly renovated rooms, all with stunning views. Feel the warmth of the wood burner in the winter and see the beautiful sunsets all year around. A warm and friendly welcome awaits you.
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Person was not really looking that she wanted to be there.. totally ignored by all the locals and her .. waited till we had sat down then gone to the bar and ask if they were still doing food.
No was the reply, we dont do food sunday evenings ...
No sorry or any offer of advice where to go ..
We said ok.. still no comments and we left ...
Even in this day and age at least making some effort to make it look like she was interested would have helped our cause of finding somewhere to eat, and drink.

1  Thank fluffybuttt

Reviewed August 31, 2013

For the last 4 years we have had a week’s holiday in Weymouth, but this year we decided to go down a day early, so we booked a night at the Ferrybridge. The rooms were exactly what we were expecting very clean and comfortable all with sea views a real nice place to stay. We also had 2 evening meals and breakfast at the inn and all I have to say is excellent, some of the best food I have ever eaten with the service to match .So I recommend if your in Weymouth go and visit Chris and his staff you won’t be disappointed. Also don’t be put off by the exterior of the pub the interior is exactly what you need to wind down and relax while you enjoy your meal.

1  Thank Paul B
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We stopped by this pub due to its recommendation in tripadvisor. I would describe it as an honest British pub. The food was good value for money, although nothing too spectacular. Not much choice for vegetarians. A nice pint of Ruddles though.

1  Thank Garpl
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Don't be put off by the exterior, the Ferry Bridge Inn is a great place to eat. (nicely priced too)
When I was told that I was going to be eating here before travelling 270 miles home, I cringed a little.
No exageration thou, the food was fantastic, with service to match.
Initially, 'no room at the Inn', but the landlord Chris hunted down and built up a table large enough to accomodate 6 of us on what was already a busy evening for them.
4 Adults, all ate something different, Salmon, Chicken, Gammon and a mixed grill, every mouthful, delicious.
2 children, both extremely fussy eater cleared their plates in no time.
Bar staff, Landlord, chef, and other diners, made this a really nice evening.
Next time I'm in Weymouth, I will definately be paying this family run establisment another visit.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

This pub is a must visit if you love traditional, non spoilt pubs. From the outside it just looks like any other pub, once your inside everything changes .Oak beams, open log fire and a welcome you never seem to get in town bars. Set on the banks of Chesil Beach, the Ferrybridge gives you views over the bay while enjoying juicy steaks or cooked to perfection fish. The locals make you feel so welcome that when you leave you feel as if it's been your local for years. I would highly recommend the Ferrybridge to anyone who are looking for a proper pub.