“DONT GO -----SUING TO GET MY £465 BACK”
Review of Timrick Lodge

and 1 more site!
Timrick Lodge
Ranked #89 of 166 Weymouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Booked this Dump for 3 nights last July 28/29/30 2013 still trying to get my money back !!
arrived with son /daughter and her 2 kids 6 & 12 about 5pm after travelling from London
rooms smelled of urine and there were pubic hairs in the double bed beer cans in the wardrobes
and the place was dirty, refused to stay and demanded refund the old guy refused and being a
gentleman that I am left it at that in front of daughter and kids, we managed to find a family room
in a hotel on the front,the staff were very helpful but that could only be for one night so as we
could find nowhere suitable the following day we had to return to London and I am having to sue to get my money back, the kids were really disappointed. Weymouth looked fine DONT GO TO THIS DUMP though !!

Room Tip: Had we have checked with Trip Advisor first we certainly would not have booked Timrick Lodge what a...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank JIM W

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Rickety type camp beds with unclean linen obviously never changed!!! The room was decorated with cobwebs! Was it Halloween? I think not in AUGUST! Mould ridden shower, germ ridden toilet and undescribable toilet brush! Wasted time reassembling drawers!! Breakfast well surprised we are hear to tell the tale!! Garnished with hair and marmalade and jam pouches bedded in milk turned cottage cheese! For yes 3 whole days!!!!! As for the hygiene of the owners words fail us!!!!!! We do not feel it deserves a rating at all, but if we don't we cannot submit our view. So we shall give it a 1 for its location.

Room Tip: Sleep on the beach!!!
Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Louisa707
Reviewed April 13, 2013

We booked this B and B online for 4 nights, bad choice to say the very least. On arrival i thought the entrance hall was a bit old and dingy and thought the man who met as was a builder or something judging by the state of his dirty stained cloths, but NO this was the owner. He showed us up to the room and our 1st impression was it was light but dated. Then I went to check the so called on-suite but with no electricity to the lights got me thinking harder. I then went down to ask why this was the case only to be told the trip had gone and his wife would go under the stairs to switch it on. I then looked in the door of the on-suite only to see a toilet which was almost under the sink !!! then on closer inspection i noticed mould in the shower tray and tiles. The bed linen looked grubby but i thought this might be because it was old but we are not sure ! . After the 1st night on our hard bed we went down to a good breakfast, NOT SO. 2 very small sausages 1 piece of bacon 1 egg 2 desert spoon fulls of beans and 1 dessert spoon full chopped tomatoes so not alot and cold even the toast was cold. My partner then noticed he was still in the same dirty stained clothing. we went out for the day only to come back for a relaxing evening in the room only to find out the television did not have all the channels because it was plugged into a mobile ariel placed on top of the wardrobe. We then quickly noticed it was cold in the room and on checking the radiator it as stone cold and this was 6.30pm. I went and asked why this was and was told the heating would be on soon, and low and behold at 8.00pm it was getting warm so at least we could take off 1 our 2 jumpers . The next nite it rained and as the gutter was broken the rain fell on the plastic covering over the front door making an awful noise which kept us awake much of the night. On the last morning whilst we were eating our cold breakfast I heard my suitcase being removed from the bed to the floor and they were cleaning the room BEFORE we had checked out! on returning to the room the sheet and pillow cases had been removed but the duvet cover still on does this mean the next people had a dirty duvet cover ? and does this mean we had an unwashed duvet cover ? I shudder to think. SO PLEASE PLEASE STAY AWAY from this dirty rank place which calls its self a lodge with an owner which stays in the same cloths for 4 days . After spending £200.00 for a 4 night stay we feel so angry and let down, Please can someone tell me how this place is allowed to trade under the pretence of it being a hotel. THE BLACK HOLE OF Weymouth

Room Tip: Do not choose the Timrick Lodge
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Mark N
Reviewed August 3, 2012

I had the misfortune of staying at this place for a couple of nights. First impressions were not great, the landlord was in dirty stained clothes and very rude. He also wore the same clothes for 3 days....nice! Okay, i thought that it just a man, lets see what the room is like. Well.......In the bathroom was a towel that can only be described as brown and crusty. Obviously had not been washed for quite sometime, like since the seventies. After my first night, i left the towel in the bottom of the shower so that they would realise a clean one would be required. I came back to the room the next day to find the same towel had been folded and left there for me. The breakfast...was swimming in grease, they should have just a pack of lard on my plate. Dont get me wrong, i was not after gourmet food and do not mind a spot of grease but this was disgusting!! The toast i do not believe had seen a toaster, just held up to a lightbulb! None of the above would have bothered me if I could get a decent nights sleep...alas this was not to be. On the first night, the hotel alarm went off at 3am and that was due to a water leak through a roof, the alarm kept going off for an hour. On the second night, the manager knocked on my door and asked if I would move to another room. I had been at work all day and was shattered so advised I did not wish to leave. 30 minutes later, another knock on my door asking me to move again. On this occasion I did as they explained a young family had arrived and they needed my room. So yes I moved, only for them to keep knocking on the door to my new room, to keep asking for the spare bedding that was in there. To say not impressed is an understatement. I have stayed in some horrible places when working away but this really left me speechless. I am not one for writing reviews but feel so angry about my stay here. It is DIRTY, THE STAFF ARE RUDE, NOISY, UNCOMFORTABLE AND ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD NOT WISH YOUR B&B TO BE!!

Room Tip: if you want a good room, do not stay here
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Jo F
Reviewed April 6, 2012

Stayed here 1 night after attending a family funeral and needing a place to stay before a few days away to rest. Host just wanted to talk about himself. Bedding was grubby, stained and obviously not changed since the last guest. I had to be quite firm to get a full change of bed clothes, even then the fresh ones didn't look much better and the hostess just gave a stream of excuses and flannel to cover up. There were no toiletries in the bathroom, except a pump bottle of hand soap and a half used bar of soap on the sink. The shower was grubby and the grout stained yellow and with mold spots, just not cleaned. In the dining room the table cloths were grubby, tinsy breakfast, cheap as chips ingredients, served on what I hope weren't grubby plates, wouldn't want to swear to it! Found I just didn't fancy eating it. really hope I havn't picked any nasty bugs up from there. Booked very last minute, wish I'd read the trip advisor reviews first, I'd never have booked. Yuck, never ever again, thank goodness it was just one sleepless lumpy mattresses, rickety bed night!

• Stayed: April 2012
3  Thank DebbyMars
Reviewed December 7, 2011

I have stayed in this guest house before, From the moment I arrived I was looked after by the hosts who showed me up to my room when I arrived which was very clean and all I needed for a few days holiday, Breakfast in the morning was delightful and filled me up till lunchtime. I would recommend this guest house.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed November 22, 2011

Dull, Dingy, not clean and very outdated and dont be out of touch for too long or you may get phone call after phone call pestering you about their beloved parking permit. Definatly wouldn't go back.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple