“Dirty Rotten Hovel” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #151 of 170 Weymouth B&B and Inns
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Dirty Rotten Hovel”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2012

I had the misfortune of staying at this place for a couple of nights. First impressions were not great, the landlord was in dirty stained clothes and very rude. He also wore the same clothes for 3 days....nice! Okay, i thought that it just a man, lets see what the room is like. Well.......In the bathroom was a towel that can only be described as brown and crusty. Obviously had not been washed for quite sometime, like since the seventies. After my first night, i left the towel in the bottom of the shower so that they would realise a clean one would be required. I came back to the room the next day to find the same towel had been folded and left there for me. The breakfast...was swimming in grease, they should have just a pack of lard on my plate. Dont get me wrong, i was not after gourmet food and do not mind a spot of grease but this was disgusting!! The toast i do not believe had seen a toaster, just held up to a lightbulb! None of the above would have bothered me if I could get a decent nights sleep...alas this was not to be. On the first night, the hotel alarm went off at 3am and that was due to a water leak through a roof, the alarm kept going off for an hour. On the second night, the manager knocked on my door and asked if I would move to another room. I had been at work all day and was shattered so advised I did not wish to leave. 30 minutes later, another knock on my door asking me to move again. On this occasion I did as they explained a young family had arrived and they needed my room. So yes I moved, only for them to keep knocking on the door to my new room, to keep asking for the spare bedding that was in there. To say not impressed is an understatement. I have stayed in some horrible places when working away but this really left me speechless. I am not one for writing reviews but feel so angry about my stay here. It is DIRTY, THE STAFF ARE RUDE, NOISY, UNCOMFORTABLE AND ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD NOT WISH YOUR B&B TO BE!!

Room Tip: if you want a good room, do not stay here
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Jo F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Southampton, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2012

Stayed here 1 night after attending a family funeral and needing a place to stay before a few days away to rest. Host just wanted to talk about himself. Bedding was grubby, stained and obviously not changed since the last guest. I had to be quite firm to get a full change of bed clothes, even then the fresh ones didn't look much better and the hostess just gave a stream of excuses and flannel to cover up. There were no toiletries in the bathroom, except a pump bottle of hand soap and a half used bar of soap on the sink. The shower was grubby and the grout stained yellow and with mold spots, just not cleaned. In the dining room the table cloths were grubby, tinsy breakfast, cheap as chips ingredients, served on what I hope weren't grubby plates, wouldn't want to swear to it! Found I just didn't fancy eating it. really hope I havn't picked any nasty bugs up from there. Booked very last minute, wish I'd read the trip advisor reviews first, I'd never have booked. Yuck, never ever again, thank goodness it was just one sleepless lumpy mattresses, rickety bed night!

• Stayed April 2012
3 Thank DebbyMars

Travelers are raving about these Weymouth hotels

Surrey, U.K
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2011

I have stayed in this guest house before, From the moment I arrived I was looked after by the hosts who showed me up to my room when I arrived which was very clean and all I needed for a few days holiday, Breakfast in the morning was delightful and filled me up till lunchtime. I would recommend this guest house.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
essex, uk
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2011

Dull, Dingy, not clean and very outdated and dont be out of touch for too long or you may get phone call after phone call pestering you about their beloved parking permit. Definatly wouldn't go back.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank Benf791
Surrey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2011

Loved this guest house friendy owners, provided good service, nothing was to much trouble for them, will definatley go back, decor might have been abit old but still the service makes up for it. I would reccomend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
hertfordshire
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2011

booked and paid online, 3 weeks beforehand.,what a mistake!.accomodation was drab, dirty,nothing like the photos on the net. towels provided were brown in colour and rock hard. we found a hair roller by the bed also bedding was not clean.needless to say we did not stay here. £75 per night is a joke.we found a place on the seafront with a seaview and lovely and clean [think it was the norfolk hotel] and only £60 per night

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank malcolm1100
Norwich, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2011

From start to finish this was the most AWFUL place I have ever ever stayed. I have never been treated quite so badly as I was by this (supposed) guest house. It was dirty, unclean, unhygienic and noisy. The beds were broken, door locks not working and general cleanliness alot to be desired!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family