“Fantastic”

Ranked #52 of 285 Restaurants in Weymouth
Cuisines: Gastropub
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are a modern British pub serving the best in local and seasonal fresh food. Come and enjoy views of the historical Weymouth harbour. We are located in the peaceful Nothe Gardens and a short walk from the imposing Nothe Fort. We are open from 8AM for breakfast serving the Dury coffee and Tea Pigs quality infusions. Families and dogs are welcome. Try our award winning ale, sumptuous wines and home crafted menu all served with a smile and a warm welcome.
somerset
“Fantastic”
Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

We arrived on a Friday tea time having not booked but the happy , smiley staff were very helpful in accommodating us . The waitress took our order for drinks and then food and within 20 mins our meals were there , superb meal , very tasty , good quantities at a reasonable price . The food was excellent , our compliments to the chef , my wife loved the duck breast and we will definitely be back .I,ve recommended the nothe tavern to lots of my friends and family

• Visited July 2014
CarolineandJames, Owner at The Nothe Tavern, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Thank you so much for you brilliant review we are all really pleased that you had such a lovely time with us, we are incredibly lucky all our team are very happy and naturally obliging, I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your meals so much and I will of course pass your compliments on to the Stuart & James, thank you for taking the time to review us and your recommendations to others to dine with us this, we hope to see you again soon, Kind Regards, Caroline

Weymouth, United Kingdom
“Amazing! Food and service were great!”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

I went to the Nothe Tavern recently for an evening meal and I can honestly say its now one of my favourite restaurants in Weymouth, and defiantly my favourite pub/traditional English restaurant. I had the chicken burger which was absolutely lovely. juicy chicken breast with plenty of chips and salad. All the others in my group said their food was gorgeous too. The menu is diverse and caters for everyone. You can ask for changes in your meal as members of my group had specific dietary requirements or didn't like certain things and they were more than happy to change it for you.

The waitresses were all very smiley and chatty and couldn't do enough for us. I only have one suggestion and that is they could do with signs to where the toilets are but that is the only flaw in this otherwise fantastic restaurant. I will defiantly be returning.

Dear Tracey,
Thank you for your review it was such a pleasure to read, I'm so please that all of your group shared your opinions and enjoyed there evening with us. I'm happy we were able to cater for your deviations from the menu to allow for dietary requirements and individual tastes/preferences. All of our team are very happy and obliging, James and I are very lucky this still seems to be achieved and maintained throughout out a very busy season. I am really pleased you were so happy and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon, Kind Regards, Caroline
London
“Top Calvary”
Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

Best Calvary in Weymouth. Given a plate full of meat alone, then help yourself to all, including pigs in blankets, yorkshires and stuffing. Beautiful!!!!!!

• Visited July 2014
CarolineandJames, Owner at The Nothe Tavern, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Dear Charlie,

Thank you for your review of our Sunday carvery, Sundays is our busiest day of the week with our ever popular roast, so it's lovely to hear that we are meeting and fulfilling expectations, Thank you for visiting us and taking the time to review your visit, we look forward to welcoming you again soon, Kind Regards, Caroline
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Not all it's cracked up to be”
Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I visited this place along with our 4 month old baby today for a Sunday carvery. We waited about 20 mins before one of the waitresses came and took our order. You are only allowed to choose 2 of the 3 meats available, which surprised me, normally you can request all 3 meats. The selection of vegetables was carrots, mashed swede, cabbage, which I think was only threatened with the pan, boiled and roast potatoes. The beef was incredibly tough, I think it might have been over cooked. The best part was in my opinion the mashed swede. Once we had eaten the waitress asked how our food was and we explained about the beef and she said she would speak to the chef, that was the last we heard. We didn't expect any money off or refund but a comment from the chef would have been nice. Overall a disappointing main meal.

The deserts on the other hand were amazing. I had toffee pavlova and my partner had citrus roulade. I can honestly say I have never had a bigger potion of a sweet and it was delicious. My partner said her sweet was to die for too.

Would we return here nope I don't think so, would I recommend it, yes if you want to avoid the carvery as the other foods looked very nice. I should also add that if you are planning a visit then book. We tried to get in on a Saturday and was told they were fully booked.

Dear Paul,
Thank you for visiting us and reviewing your visit, I'm sorry that you felt you were kept waiting for your order to be taken, all I can do at this stage is apologise, nobody is ever intentionally overlooked, it would have been a simple mistake, it would never be a problem to grab the attention of a waitress to indicate you are ready to order or some customers are happy to place there food order at the bar.
I'm sorry you felt not enough attention/feedback was given on the day regarding your comment on the beef, I have now had the chance to clarify matters with the lady who served your table and I think there is just a genuine misunderstanding she simple didn't realise that you were awaiting any further feedback from the chef, on Sunday we served around 250 carvery's and this is the first concern regarding our beef, our beef is cooked in a way that does tend to suit a majority of our customers preferences and tastes, but it is never a problem to ask for your meet slightly rarer as there would be a joint in the oven cooking. again the same situation with our vegetables they are cooked to suit the majority but if you would prefer them cooked softer this is not a problem they can be steamed longer for you.
All customers get the choice of 3 meats with there roast and it has been this way for 8 years, possibly with the noise surrounding the carvery area on a Sunday maybe 1 of the choices given was simply not loud or clear enough. I am glad you both enjoyed our desserts they are really popular and enjoyed by many, I am disappointed we may not see you again but would welcome you contacting m giving us the opportunity to resolve this for you, I can be emailed at info@thenothetavern.co.uk Kind Regards Caroline
HORLEY, United Kingdom
“Return Visit”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

Visited last year so returned as it was good. I had a seafood medley for starter which consisted of Kalamari,Whitebait and Prawns all cooked in breadcrumbs. There was plenty and it was all very good. My wife had potato skins(As well as some of my Whitebait/Kalamari).
For main course I had BBQ Smokey ribs-there were two racks with about 20 new potatos and some salad,which was more than enough.My wife had Ham,Egg and a mountain of chips which she thought excellent.
With a local real ale,soft drinks and a couple of glasses of excellent Rose to help it all down,all good value..It was a hot day so most were outside leaving us fairly quiet,but with a wedding party due later.

1 Thank Kenneth P
Dear Kenneth,
Thank you for your lovely review, I am really pleased you took the time to visit us again this year and we lived up to your expectations, it sounded like you enjoyed all aspects of your visit, drinks, food, atmosphere and I will pass all your compliments and feedback on to all of our team, Thank you again for your review and custom, we look forward to seeing you again next time you visit the area, Kind Regards, Caroline