“What a lovely start to a good day”
Review of Jacks Cafe

Jacks Cafe
Ranked #214 of 285 Restaurants in Weymouth
Hitchin, United Kingdom
“What a lovely start to a good day”
Reviewed July 19, 2014

I came here for breakfast with my partner and young child.We had a lovely time when i first arrived i was greeted with a lovely clean fresh cafe with nice decor and friendly helpful staff.We were offered drinks by a friendly member of staff and received good cup of tea within excellent time.I ordered a morning fry up with bacon,eggs,mushrooms,beans,hash browns,fried bread,sausage there was option to add more if desired,my partner a omelette and my little girl had a bacon sandwich.We received our food in great time and for the first time i was given a fry up eating out that was hot and perfectly cooked. Usually when i eat out for a fry up at any other place something has gone wrong whether not all cooked,over cooked,late or burnt but not this place.I was pleasantly surprised a perfectly cooked fry up that was all hot all of it.The only down side was bacon was a little salty but that's down to personal taste.The quality was good too my partner also received very good food.We all happily ate our breakfast it was a great start to our day. :)

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Eggyteapot

Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Must have found a good USP”
Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

As it was full on a breezy February lunch-time when all around other cafés were virtually empty. So we followed the crowd and went into this bustling establishment. As far as we could ascertain the attraction for everyone was the very reasonable prices and the free refills of tea/coffee. At the price it is hard to complain about the coffee, but let's just say flavour isn't its strong suit. Unlike the chorizo and sundried tomato panini that I had for lunch, which was not only very well priced but extremely flavoursome. And it unexpectedly came with some well cooked chips. So I was happy with my meal overall, my partner was also reasonably content with her choice of a jacket potato. The bill when I came to settle up was also a pleasant surprise. We would eat here again but perhaps try the tea!

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Spwells2002
DT5 Portland
“Always busy”
Reviewed January 30, 2014

I cannot fault this place for a basic homely café with first class meals at a VERY modest price. Always a nice welcome and am happy to say I visit often.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Roy H
Jack J, Owner at Jacks Cafe, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Thanks for your generous comments, just what we all needed to cheer us up at Jacks in the wet and windy time we are having. Thanks again Jack
Weymouth, United Kingdom
“Not the best place to eat.”
Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

If you want somewhere with loud radio, loud staff and a grumpy boss, try this place. Its not the worst in Weymouth but it definitely could be improved. The pictures on the wall are nice but you can keep the rest. The old staff were great but the new ones are finding it hard to smile, even at a table full of customers all wanting cooked breakfasts.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Helen-of-Troy-gang
Jack J, Owner at Jacks Cafe, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Helen of Troy, Grumpy here,
Thanks for taking home to review your visit,
Difficult to respond to your observations
really wished you had mentioned
while you where at Jacks. There have been many
fabulous staff at Jacks over the years, some quiet,some loud
but all fun, much the same now, 1/2 the service staff have worked
at Jacks with me for more than three years.
Not sure we know each other, if we do
please introduce yourself on your next visit.
Clevedon, United Kingdom
“Great cafe”
Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I decided to escape from the rain in jacks cafe. It was our first visit and we will definitely return. A bright, clean cafe with great staff. The atmosphere was lovely and was like a little meeting place for people. The food was good and prices really reasonable.

Jack J, Owner at Jacks Cafe, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Hope you have had a great Christmas your comments
certainly made it one for Jacks staff. Really appreciate your comments.
Don't wait for another rainy day ( although there are plenty at the moment)
to visit us again