“Must have found a good USP”
Review of Jacks Cafe

Jacks Cafe
Ranked #200 of 290 Restaurants in Weymouth
Reviewed February 8, 2014

As it was full on a breezy February lunch-time when all around other cafés were virtually empty. So we followed the crowd and went into this bustling establishment. As far as we could ascertain the attraction for everyone was the very reasonable prices and the free refills of tea/coffee. At the price it is hard to complain about the coffee, but let's just say flavour isn't its strong suit. Unlike the chorizo and sundried tomato panini that I had for lunch, which was not only very well priced but extremely flavoursome. And it unexpectedly came with some well cooked chips. So I was happy with my meal overall, my partner was also reasonably content with her choice of a jacket potato. The bill when I came to settle up was also a pleasant surprise. We would eat here again but perhaps try the tea!

1  Thank Spwells2002

Reviewed January 30, 2014

I cannot fault this place for a basic homely café with first class meals at a VERY modest price. Always a nice welcome and am happy to say I visit often.

1  Thank Roy H
Jack J, Owner at Jacks Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Thanks for your generous comments, just what we all needed to cheer us up at Jacks in the wet and windy time we are having. Thanks again Jack

Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

If you want somewhere with loud radio, loud staff and a grumpy boss, try this place. Its not the worst in Weymouth but it definitely could be improved. The pictures on the wall are nice but you can keep the rest. The old staff were great but the new ones are finding it hard to smile, even at a table full of customers all wanting cooked breakfasts.

1  Thank Helen-of-Troy-gang
Jack J, Owner at Jacks Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Helen of Troy, Grumpy here,
Thanks for taking home to review your visit,
Difficult to respond to your observations
really wished you had mentioned
while you where at Jacks. There have been many
fabulous staff at Jacks over the years, some quiet,some loud
but all fun, much the same now, 1/2 the service staff have worked
at Jacks with me for more than three years.
Not sure we know each other, if we do
please introduce yourself on your next visit.

Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I decided to escape from the rain in jacks cafe. It was our first visit and we will definitely return. A bright, clean cafe with great staff. The atmosphere was lovely and was like a little meeting place for people. The food was good and prices really reasonable.

Jack J, Owner at Jacks Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Hope you have had a great Christmas your comments
certainly made it one for Jacks staff. Really appreciate your comments.
Don't wait for another rainy day ( although there are plenty at the moment)
to visit us again
Happy New Year
Jack

Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

Come down for breko and was greated by friendly waitress's and the atmosphere was really welcoming.
The food is always good and the drink top ups is a very nice touch.
I will always use this cafe and I advise
Everyone to use it, you won't be diss appointed. Cheers guys.

Jack J, Owner at Jacks Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Merry Christmas to you
Thanks for your comments. Happy diners make
happy staff.