“Good Venue, Decent Food”

The Crow's Nest in the Square
Ranked #42 of 281 Restaurants in Weymouth
Good for: Dining on a budget, Special occasions, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Situated just behind the old harbour and in the heart of Hope Square the Crow's Nest offers visitors the opportunity to enjoy excellent home cooked foods, wines, fine bottled beers and hot & cold beverages.By day we provide a wide range of local food and meals to suit all needs and by night we serve a full menu influenced by the flavours of Spain as well as an exciting Tapas menu for you to enjoy whilst you soak up the atmosphere of Weymouth's premier square.The Crow's Nest in the Square is the perfect spot for romantic meals for two, food and drink with family and friends or for you to simply enjoy a bottle of wine.
UK
“Good Venue, Decent Food”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Booked a table for a family evening meal on the recommendation of friends – so TripAdvisor ‘blind’ on this one with no preconceptions. We all had very nice meals but found the table (for four) a little cramped for Tapas. It is a small venue with loads of character so being cramped is not too big a deal. A minor criticism of the food around ‘sharing’ platters for two. A single piece of Parma Ham and three slices of each of the other meats – that do not divide equally between two. It’s just maths… (i.e. 3 slices pepperoni, 3 slices of another sausage etc.). Don't want to appear a pedant... As it's a Bistro, it would be worth trying for breakfast or lunch and we will definitely go back. It’s worth booking in advance. Approx. £25ph including drinks for evening meal.

2 Thank Brooska
KintburyTraveler, Owner at The Crow's Nest in the Square, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Thank you for your review, I believe it to be a fair and honest evaluation. The staff who were working that evening immediately, upon reading the review recognised their "daft" error!
We have learnt from the comments that you have made and are also pleased to note that despite our oversight you had in general an enjoyable evening.
We look forward to welcoming you back.
Kind regards
Stephen

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing!!”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I absolutely loved my evening meal at the crows nest!! My partner and I are both originally from Weymouth but neither of us had been back for a year or so. We first met in the crows nest so decided to go back when visiting. It is the perfect location for couples to have a romantic meal. The food was to die for and the the waitresses made us feel welcome and were extremely helpful. It was a busy Friday night and the atmosphere was great, I will definitely be going back here!!! I recommend the crows nest to both young and old couples looking for abit of romance :) fantastic!!

1 Thank AmyLouiseSmith
I am so very glad that you were not disappointed on your return to the Crow's, you'll be aware that not only has the restaurant been under new ownership for the past 2 years the menu too is much changed.
We very much look forward to welcoming you back again and again.
Thank you for your kind comments.
“Fantastic”
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

My mum and I visited the newly reopened Brewers Quay in Weymouth and wanted to find somewhere nice for lunch nearby as Hope Square is my favourite part of town. We had a look at the various menus of the cafes and pubs and settled on the Crow's Nest. I am so glad we did! The staff was very genuine, helpful and friendly, the food was really delicious and portions were generous (I had a vegetable omelette and mum had grilled sardines, both were very good quality, freshly made to order), an the cake was to die for! Mum is still raving about the Dorset Apple Cake, and my coffee and walnut cake was amazing too. Prices were very reasonable considering the quality. Shame we were the only people in there but we still had a lovely lunh and will definitely visit again soon!

2 Thank Francesca F
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Amazing!!!”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Came here to have something a little different, and it was my favourite meal of the holiday! We had the meat and cheese platter to start and then a selection of tapas to share for our main and was some of the best food I've ever eaten! Would recommend this to everyone and will definitely be coming back here again! Service was also excellent and the atmosphere was great. Really good value for money and would be suitable for bigger groups too.

2 Thank LeanneA1
“Out from the gale and in to a quaint warm restaurant with plenty of personality”
Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

It was a quiet night in the square after a busy Easter weekend so I feel like the atmosphere may have suffered a little, however don't let that take away from a brilliant food and service received. The tapas made a nice change from your every day meals and me and my partner enjoyed fighting over who got the last king prawn and the last spicey meatball (both delicious). The service was quick and efficient and very friendly. The restaurant is in a great location with high levels of competition and it does well to stand out. The decor felt authentic and warm, a great place to eat and well worth the money.

1 Thank sjbgp