We attended Moonfleet Manor due to a Tesco voucher offer that we were unable to use on a trip away. Local to Dorset this was one of the limited venues that had signed up to the 'Tea for Two' scheme.
Knowing this as a very child friendly hotel we were a bit dubious on a very hot Sunday afternoon, but were pleasantly surprised. Very well furnished hotel and residents who supervised very well behaved youngsters. Staff were friendly and efficient, and we were ourselves supervised by the canine resident, the appropriately named Snoopy.
The afternoon tea supplied was excellent. Sometimes voucher offers fall below expectations, but this was better that the only other such formal tea that we can compare with. Sandwiches with the crusts removed (traditionally), two fruit scones and cream & jam each. To replace cakes, we were given three individual desserts Per person. A lemon posset, a jelly and a mousse/sponge and accompanying compote. All washed down by flavoursome, leaf tea.
Very difficult to move from the comfy sofas, for all the right reasons.
Although we did not stay here, or dine formally, our overall impression was very good. If just considering afternoon tea, book in advance, take your time, and enjoy the views.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotwire and Evoline ltd so you can book your Moonfleet Manor Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moonfleet Manor And Sports Resort
- Moonfleet Manor & Sports Hotel Weymouth
- Hotel Moonfleet Manor Sports
- Moonfleet Manor Hotel Weymouth, Dorset